Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 09:46 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,349,226 times

Advertisements

I'm lost. What exactly are y'all arguing over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 09:48 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,736,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards1988 View Post
Just wave the white flag Brentwoodgirl!!!!!!!!!
So you don't understand the difference between median and average?

Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 PM

29 posts, read 48,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You can tell who is catching up from one data point? lol I do think MJHS is improving, but the data I posted is for one year, so there is no indication of who is improving or declining from that one set of stats.
You can look up other years FYI.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:53 PM

29 posts, read 48,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I'm lost. What exactly are y'all arguing over?
Who knows anymore.

Great night of discussion. By far the most lively discussion I've had so far on city data.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:54 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,087,560 times
I grew up/currently live in Mt. Juliet (I'm 30). The idea that MJ currently is what Brentwood is is comical. However after reading this thread it's also irrelevant because this was started by someone (don't remember who) suggesting MJ has the "potential"...key word there....to become like Brentwood down the road. That was then challenged by someone (I don't remember who either) who basically sounded flabbergasted that Mt. Juliet could be compared to Brentwood while missing the key word in all of this. Potentially, yes, Mt. Juliet could grow to become similar to Brentwood in time. Millenials are moving here in droves and it's the natural cycle of life that these people will get older, start families, and many will look to suburban living with better schools. How many young families can afford Brentwood? No, not many. Franklin? More, but not a whole lot. I can see Mt. Juliet becoming an area where young families invest in homes throughout the next 10 to 20 years and it becomes somewhere that the next generation of parents choose to live, therefore becoming more desirable than it already is (it is to an extent) and attracting a whole new generation of home buyers, both affluent and not so much. Also, there are two sides to Mt. Juliet....the side near I-40/Providence with a lot of the new developments and the part that's basically just an eastern extension of Hermitage. Most of this growth talk is centered more around the first part than the second.

Anyway, as someone that grew up here I can attest to the notion that (some) people in Williamson County seem to know very little about Mt. Juliet. I've got friends I've known for half of my life from Williamson County and they felt like MJ was friggin Knoxville as far as they were concerned, despite the fact that (I'm using Google Maps here) "Mt. Juliet" is 19.6 miles from Nashville and "Franklin" is 21.5, as if MJ is some remote outpost that no one ever goes to. One of my favorite hangout spots is a bar/restaurant in Cool Springs and I've had people be taken aback when I say I live in Mt. Juliet, again as if it's on the other side of the state or something. I think somewhere along the line Lebanon and Mt. Juliet became synonymous in peoples' minds despite the fact that Lebanon is about twice as far from Nashville as Mt. Juliet.

Anyway (again) will Mt. Juliet "become" Brentwood one day? Who knows, and who even knows if that's a good thing or not? In the future will it become somewhere as desirable as Brentwood is right now? It's possible.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:59 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,736,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I grew up/currently live in Mt. Juliet (I'm 30). The idea that MJ currently is what Brentwood is is comical. However after reading this thread it's also irrelevant because this was started by someone (don't remember who) suggesting MJ has the "potential"...key word there....to become like Brentwood down the road. That was then challenged by someone (I don't remember who either) who basically sounded flabbergasted that Mt. Juliet could be compared to Brentwood while missing the key word in all of this. Potentially, yes, Mt. Juliet could grow to become similar to Brentwood in time. Millenials are moving here in droves and it's the natural cycle of life that these people will get older, start families, and many will look to suburban living with better schools. How many young families can afford Brentwood? No, not many. Franklin? More, but not a whole lot. I can see Mt. Juliet becoming an area where young families invest in homes throughout the next 10 to 20 years and it becomes somewhere that the next generation of parents choose to live, therefore becoming more desirable than it already is (it is to an extent) and attracting a whole new generation of home buyers, both affluent and not so much. Also, there are two sides to Mt. Juliet....the side near I-40/Providence with a lot of the new developments and the part that's basically just an eastern extension of Hermitage. Most of this growth talk is centered more around the first part than the second.

Anyway, as someone that grew up here I can attest to the notion that people in Williamson County know very little about Mt. Juliet. I've got friends I've known for half of my life from Williamson County and they felt like MJ was friggin Knoxville as far as they were concerned, despite the fact that (I'm using Google Maps here) "Mt. Juliet" is 19.6 miles from Nashville and "Franklin" is 21.5, as if MJ is some remote outpost that no one ever goes to. I think somewhere along the line Lebanon and Mt. Juliet became synonymous in peoples' minds despite the fact that Lebanon is about twice as far from Nashville as Mt. Juliet.

Anyway (again) will Mt. Juliet "become" Brentwood one day? Who knows, and who even knows if that's a good thing or not? In the future will it become somewhere as desirable as Brentwood is right now? It's possible.
I agree with most of your post. But I'm very familiar with both Mt Juliet and Lebanon. I worked in both pretty often for most of 2014 and part of 2015. I know they are nothing alike and I know Lebanon is much further from Nashville. I obviously can't speak for anyone else in Williamson County, but I do know both areas.

Also, I wasn't flabbergasted at the thought. The poster said they both had a highly educated population and tons of McMansions, and I provided stats to show how different they really are. I do think Mt Juliet will continue to become a more desirable suburb. I don't think it will become as desirable as Brentwood just because it doesn't have the same location advantage.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:24 PM

593 posts, read 1,357,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Zip codes are made up by the post office strictly to delineate delivery areas. 37076 is probably the one you are looking for.
For what it's worth, 37076 is Hermitage. Most of Mount Juliet is 37122.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:44 PM

456 posts, read 587,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I agree with most of your post. But I'm very familiar with both Mt Juliet and Lebanon. I worked in both pretty often for wemost of 2014 and part of 2015. I know they are nothing alike and I know Lebanon is much further from Nashville. I obviously can't speak for anyone else in Williamson County, but I do know both areas.

Also, I wasn't flabbergasted at the thought. The poster said they both had a highly educated population and tons of McMansions, and I provided stats to show how different they really are. I do think Mt Juliet will continue to become a more desirable suburb. I don't think it will become as desirable as Brentwood just because it doesn't have the same location advantage.
Exactly what locational advantage does Brentwood have? I dont get it. It borders the Davidson Co. line just like Mt. Juliet does.

Also, both Brentwood and Franklin have large houses. Your stats, like somebody mentioned, are estimates and are not real numbers.

Last edited by titanspreds_04; 11-04-2015 at 10:52 PM..

Old 11-04-2015, 11:20 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,349,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanspreds_04 View Post
Exactly what locational advantage does Brentwood have? I dont get it. It borders the Davidson Co. line just like Mt. Juliet does.

Also, both Brentwood and Franklin have large houses. Your stats, like somebody mentioned, are estimates and are not real numbers.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can see how Brentwood has a locational advantage. It's closer to downtown, Vanderbilt, Green Hills, Cool Springs (obviously), and even Murfreesboro.

Basically, it's closer to more large employment and entertainment centers, as well as better shopping. Mount Juliet has an advantage when it comes to airport and lake access.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:12 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,030,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExIslander View Post
For what it's worth, 37076 is Hermitage. Most of Mount Juliet is 37122.
Correct, which is why I was asking where he expected to see lake homes.

When he asked about the zip code "across the lake from Hendersonville," it looks like he means 37076, which is not Mt Juliet.

I guess it depends in where you're standing when you say "across the lake."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville