Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:40 PM

2,428 posts, read 2,488,338 times

Advertisements

Went to Nashville a few week ago and i have to honestly say it is Totally Underrated..I have been to Nashville and through the City several times but this time i finally got a full scope of the City, different parts of town, the people, freeway system, even a nice litte look at transit their. Really got look at how Big and Diverse it really is and become on a lot of Angles. I can honestly say it is not what people would expect when you hear Nashville, TN,,, Totally opposite. In some ways and some people may not agree with this but Nashville moves faster than Atlanta in some aspects (The way people Act-not very friendly,Freeway System, the way they drive, etc... and that part really threw me. There are also tons of ethnic groups around the Metro. One thing i can say is Nashville needs a Light Rail System. Even though it has Commuter Rail Transit and a Bus System its in desperate need of Rapid Transit to Cover all of Nashville Metro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 03:09 PM

9,700 posts, read 9,449,970 times
Totally random^^ lol. I agree with most of it though. Nashville is a special place.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:13 PM

456 posts, read 588,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Went to Nashville a few week ago and i have to honestly say it is Totally Underrated..I have been to Nashville and through the City several times but this time i finally got a full scope of the City, different parts of town, the people, freeway system, even a nice litte look at transit their. Really got look at how Big and Diverse it really is and become on a lot of Angles. I can honestly say it is not what people would expect when you hear Nashville, TN,,, Totally opposite. In some ways and some people may not agree with this but Nashville moves faster than Atlanta in some aspects (The way people Act-not very friendly,Freeway System, the way they drive, etc... and that part really threw me. There are also tons of ethnic groups around the Metro. One thing i can say is Nashville needs a Light Rail System. Even though it has Commuter Rail Transit and a Bus System its in desperate need of Rapid Transit to Cover all of Nashville Metro.
The Problem: Nobody is from Nashville anymore. The city is now made up of 25% West Coast, 25% Michigan, 25% Northeast and 25% Other.

The locals are moving.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Totally random^^ lol. I agree with most of it though. Nashville is a special place.
It used to be special. Now its just like every other. A man from New Jersey opening up a bar in the next trendy area of city is not what i call CHARM.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:07 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,357,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanspreds_04 View Post
The Problem: Nobody is from Nashville anymore. The city is now made up of 25% West Coast, 25% Michigan, 25% Northeast and 25% Other.

The locals are moving.
I know plenty of locals.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:16 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,089,591 times
There are locals living here, but like any "real" city you have a lot of transplants moving here and a lot of people that grew up here who feel the need to go off and do something else in another place. I've lived in Nashville (born here), LA, San Diego and South Florida. All of these places claim that "no one is from here anymore, they're all transplants". I think that's just something most large cities deal with and isn't necessarily specific to one place over another.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:46 AM

I would love to respond drake, but im worried ill be sanctioned again. Not really sure what i can say on here. Ive never cursed or used offensive language. Im quitting city data. Its just not fun anymore.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:50 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,103,472 times
I don't think there's anything negative about "locals" being transplants. All the transplants I have met are (mostly) just as friendly as the natives. If I moved back to where I was actually born, I really wouldn't have anything in common with my neighbors.

It's like that old saying about the best "family" is the one you pick for yourself? Probably true of where you choose to live - you move to where you feel comfortable, given your circumstances.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:08 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,089,591 times
The transplants here are much better than say, when I was in South Florida. There is a lot of resentment by people originally from Florida towards many transplants because a lot of them just group together and try to make it New York with palm trees, effectively changing and ruining the culture. People who move here are totally fine in my opinion. The real old school southern people might make comments occasionally about "Yankees" coming down here but in reality no one really cares because if you're nice, people will be nice back.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:39 PM

2,428 posts, read 2,488,338 times
Is there any word if Nashville will ever get sometype of Light Rail System??? Its really needed for a City its size... If Charlotte has one Nashville could surely use one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville