Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:26 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,890 times

Advertisements

They look like very nice apartments and most importantly, they are in a good part of town. Sure there is traffic but nothing one cannot deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 07:47 AM

156 posts, read 451,084 times
Very nice apartments

Not sure what everyone talks about with the traffic on Cason though - I just do not see the issues in the month I have lived around here. Out of Cason Estates, it's easy enough to scoot onto New Salem or ride up to Old Fort and get where you need to go. CVS is there within walking distance as well as an 'On The Go' Exxon (not sure if it's open 24 hours or not).

SmokeyMntnGrl - did your son end up moving into Cason Estates? The commute to MTSU is great, never taken me more than 20 minutes to get there and I go often.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:51 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,979,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher2Be View Post
Not sure what everyone talks about with the traffic on Cason though - I just do not see the issues in the month I have lived around here.
And you've been on Cason Lane between 4-6??? Maybe the majority of the traffic is headed south on Cason Ln?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
And you've been on Cason Lane between 4-6??? Maybe the majority of the traffic is headed south on Cason Ln?
I've driven both ways on Cason during those hours (not sure which way is north, which way is south yet) and just haven't noticed such horrible traffic. Could be that I'm so used to traffic from being from NY....

Old 05-02-2008, 11:12 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,622 times
Quote:
I've driven both ways on Cason during those hours (not sure which way is north, which way is south yet) and just haven't noticed such horrible traffic. Could be that I'm so used to traffic from being from NY....
It could be that you're used to NY traffic.. For those of us who are either from here or have been here any lengthy period of time will tell you that the traffic on this side town is crazy!! Right now, New Salem Rd. isn't so bad other than in the morning and evening time, but once they start putting in more stores, watch out

Old 05-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Teacher - I am originally from northern New Jersey so it must be that we are used to traffic. All in all, I don't think it is that bad here.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Teacher - I am originally from northern New Jersey so it must be that we are used to traffic. All in all, I don't think it is that bad here.
I brought this up to my boyfriend when we went to lunch on the square today. He pointed out that some would say that traffic was horrendous, yet I felt it was nothing - due to the intense traffic I came from. Granted, the square was a bit hectic due to all the parking spots that are out due to Jazzfest this weekend (we'll be there tomorrow ), but it's still a walk in the park compared to what I experienced on Long Island.

UNT_Eagle - I'm interested to see what's going into the stores they built there on Cason and New Salem. I also saw there will be a Publix on New Salem, if you make a right from Cason onto New Salem - going towards Salem.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:56 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,622 times
Quote:
I brought this up to my boyfriend when we went to lunch on the square today. He pointed out that some would say that traffic was horrendous, yet I felt it was nothing - due to the intense traffic I came from. Granted, the square was a bit hectic due to all the parking spots that are out due to Jazzfest this weekend (we'll be there tomorrow ), but it's still a walk in the park compared to what I experienced on Long Island.

UNT_Eagle - I'm interested to see what's going into the stores they built there on Cason and New Salem. I also saw there will be a Publix on New Salem, if you make a right from Cason onto New Salem - going towards Salem.
Yeah, I've noticed during my time here, and Mike_in_TN can agree with me, that Murfreesboro doesn't run on a grid system like other cities/towns. There is usually only one good way to get somewhere instead of multiple ways, and the roads tend to curve more, therefore feeling longer than it should take..

The problem is that the city has done a poor job of planning for growth in certain areas of town, namely the west side. Downtown and the Northfield area are laid out pretty well, but the city didn't widen the roads fast enough on this side of town.

I'd like to hear from folks who've lived here at least five years and tell me what things were like back then.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Yeah, I've noticed during my time here, and Mike_in_TN can agree with me, that Murfreesboro doesn't run on a grid system like other cities/towns. There is usually only one good way to get somewhere instead of multiple ways, and the roads tend to curve more, therefore feeling longer than it should take..

The problem is that the city has done a poor job of planning for growth in certain areas of town, namely the west side. Downtown and the Northfield area are laid out pretty well, but the city didn't widen the roads fast enough on this side of town.

I'd like to hear from folks who've lived here at least five years and tell me what things were like back then.

Not much difference in 5 years but when I moved to Murfreesboro in 2000, the west side of town was much less populated and much more country in atmosphere.

The city can't build or improve the roads quickly enough.

I still LOVE Murfreesboro though and would not want to live anywhere else.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:26 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times
Quote:
Very nice apartments

SmokeyMntnGrl - did your son end up moving into Cason Estates? The commute to MTSU is great, never taken me more than 20 minutes to get there and I go often.
Sorry, I meant to answer this before. He actually ended up moving back home and will continue his education here. Thanks for asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville