Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 04:12 PM

933 posts, read 2,743,558 times

Advertisements

Check out Eastwood Neighbors or Lockeland Springs. Google search The East Nashvillian magazine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 03:13 PM

107 posts, read 133,659 times
Sylvan Park was already mentioned. POCKETS of East Nashville, yes, but there are also pockets you'd probably want to avoid. Near 5 points between Russel and Boscobel between 6th and 10th you could get decent digs for under 1700. Area up around Fond Object you'd be able to rent a house for your price range as well. Or as others suggested, look in Inglewood.

German Town is on it's way up as well for that neighborhood feel, shops, coffee, etc, within walking distance. Rent is still on the cheaper end for a nice part of town.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:40 AM

701 posts, read 2,031,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel B View Post
Hello all!
Im seriously considering a move to your wonderful city and seeking any and all advice you can dish out. Im looking to rent a house to start my journey in Nashville and would love an area that's safe and has a neighborhood feel with close proximity to a (local) coffee shop, restaurants, maybe even a bookstore (ok, ok, now Im just dreaming lol), but you get it, a sense of community!!
Im not looking to be downtown downtown; I prefer a neighborhood/burbs feel, but close to all of the above mentioned.

Thank you in advance for your advice!!!
I really like the 12 South area. I know it's not the cheapest location, but it seems to have exactly what you're looking for. So it might be worth seeing if there's anything affordable enough in that area.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:56 AM

838 posts, read 1,211,624 times
The commute would likely be closer to 30-45 minutes but if you're looking for a 'suburbish' feel, with a somewhat walkable neighborhood you might want to check out Lenox Village on the southeast side of the city. You would still be 15-20 minutes from the Cool Springs area and 30-45 minutes from downtown. There are a lot of nice townhomes and condos there and a fair amount of new development with lots of shops and restaurants in a nice little walkable neighborhood.

I don't remember if there is a coffee shop there but there would almost have to be. I know there is a little café and, there is a bookstore called Mysteries and More.

Best of all, I think Lenox Village will easily fit on the lower end of your budget.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:16 PM

456 posts, read 587,362 times
I think its about 20 min from Mt. Juliet to Nashville (if its not 8am or 5pm). Your price range is about right for the homes around here. Mt. Juliet has kind of a smalltown/ suburban feel if you're into that. I think the population is only around 25,000, but it still has almost everything all the other large areas do.

If you want to be around people who moved to Nashville in the last 0-3 years, which some people prefer. East Nashville is where the newbs live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville