Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,138 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I recently accepted a full time position in Donelson and am looking to move into a new apartment in the next few months. I have been all over the rating sites and have become overwhelmed with the options and opinions.

I'm looking to spend no more than $1250 in base rent and would prefer to keep my commute to work under 30 minutes.

I am mostly concerned about safety and am wondering what are some good complexes to look into and others to maybe avoid. I heard that Donelson has some rough patches, but would love to be close to work.

I'm thinking that Franklin and Hendersonville would be too far out there, but am open to any suggestions you all might have! Thank you SO much for any guidance you can give me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 07:56 AM

815 posts, read 2,033,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13grad View Post
Hello all! I recently accepted a full time position in Donelson and am looking to move into a new apartment in the next few months. I have been all over the rating sites and have become overwhelmed with the options and opinions.

I'm looking to spend no more than $1250 in base rent and would prefer to keep my commute to work under 30 minutes.

I am mostly concerned about safety and am wondering what are some good complexes to look into and others to maybe avoid. I heard that Donelson has some rough patches, but would love to be close to work.

I'm thinking that Franklin and Hendersonville would be too far out there, but am open to any suggestions you all might have! Thank you SO much for any guidance you can give me!

I never understand when people say rough patches, especially when describing areas that are far from "rough" but may not be the popular "in" places... You can find nice apartments in Donelson off the Stewarts Ferry Pk. Exit, and also there are nice apartments in nearby Hermitage off the interstate which is one exit from Donelson. No need to go to Hendersonville or Franklin.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:28 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,399,516 times
I agree. There are quite a few nice choices in Hermitage because people want to be close to the lake.

If you know you are working in Donelson, DO NOT complicate your life with a commute from Franklin.

I know a guy who lives in Waterford Landing and really likes it.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:40 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,134,769 times
And your rental budget is very realistic. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a great place to call home!

Old 03-06-2014, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,138 times
Thank you all for your input! I actually toured Waterford Landing last week end and really liked it. I also went out to The Cove at Priest Lake and loved that one as well. I'm currently living just off West End and don't mind the commute to Donelson at all. My one concern with living out there is I'm not sure where my girlfriend will be working but worry about her possibly commuting into the city...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville