Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 08:06 AM

362 posts, read 645,435 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with this subdivision?

If you had to choose between this, Savannah, or Fairview, which do you think is nicer?

Any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 09:36 AM

593 posts, read 1,355,245 times
I remember cruising through Hunt Club once or twice during the initial building phase. Looked nice. The missus and I liked Savannah a little better, although that may just have been the halo effect from having seen some of the more expensive properties during a Parade of Homes years ago.

Fairvue, taken as a whole, is in a different category altogether with the golf course and direct lake frontage and many, many seriously expensive homes. It is beyond nice. But the sections that they're building now in the same price class as Hunt Club/Savannah are away from the lake on less visible streets, so if you're not going to be using the club and golf course amenities, it probably wouldn't be that different.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:38 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
I agree with ExIslander. Fairvue is a cut above Hunt or Savannah for the reasons mentioned above. I'd also look at the HOA fees associated with each subdivision. My guess is Fairvue's is more, even without a club membership.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:17 PM

Thank you so much for your answers. Its so frustrating when you don't know an area. I really like Fairview but I also like Savannah too.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:58 PM

Default Questions for agents

So I just returned from the Nashville area searching for homes and apartments. (Looked at a lot of apartment complexes and by far aventura at Indian Lakes is the nicest, higher than most but def the nicest)

4 homes we really like and considering 3 to make bids.

One home was in Somerset Downs in Hendersonville (by far my fav) I am just waiting to get all past years utility bills

Second was in Savannah. Absolutely gorgeous home but no fence and obviously no pool so would need to spend between $50,000-$75,000 on backyard. Also building a home right next door and across the street are all vacant lots for sale.

We looked in Fairview and no doubt it is beautiful but for houses in the $400-$550 range were on top of each other.was not interested in that at all.

Both my husband and I are drawn to a beautiful home on Rodman in gallatin. I believe this is the Woodhaven section.

Please give me info, all bad and good on this area. . I would appreciate it tremendously. I've read disclosures and some just outright left out information that there was visible damage/problem not disclosed and explained by listing agent I could hire the engineer to check the house out. This I know as should anyone buying a home.

My agent is great but I do realize he only knows what is told to him and also wants to make a sale.

Can anyone agents give me some insight in the process for purchasing a home in Tennessee and what important questions should I be asking? Thank you

Old 02-17-2014, 08:03 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,278,971 times
The homeowner is supposed to disclose everything they know is wrong or you can go after them. If something is visible and left off, I'd say the seller's agent should have had them put this on the form.

I think with buying any home, the contract should state subject to inspection; this is really the one way of knowing for sure if the house has any problems.

I think agents can say only so much to a buyer under their code of ethics.

From what I've heard others say about those 3 areas, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the houses.

Barb

Old 02-18-2014, 06:37 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
Agreed...all 3 sound like potential winners. You'll just have to do the usual pro/con list on each and weigh what is most important to you.

At some point I recall hearing that if something "material" is left off a seller's property disclosure the buyer has legal recourse, theoretically speaking. No idea what the statute of limitations is on that and my guess is it would be very difficult to prove that the seller knowingly and willingly failed to disclose a material item on the disclosure. In other words, you'll have to take the seller's word for it and hope the home inspection is thorough enough to catch any issues.

My suggestion is if you're still feeling a little uncertain about the disclosure, clearly communicate your concerns with your agent and see if he/she can do more research on the home or ask other agents in his/her office if they know more about the property. Yes, your agent is working towards closing a deal, but they're also working for you first and foremost. I would also ask, point blank, if the home had any water damage from the May 2010 flood or during recent tornadic episodes. Finally, I'd also ask to see a copy of the HOA covenant as well...just so you know what is/isn't allowed in the community. A lot of people don't think to do that and then when they move in and want to put up a fence, a pool, etc, they realize they can't due to HOA restrictions. You'll want to research that ahead of time if possible. And taking the seller's or an agent's word for it (ie - "I think the HOA allows hot tubs" or "Sure you can put up a chain link fence") during the selling process is definitely shaky at best.

Odds are that all the properties are just fine. Certainly the locations are great. And my guess is a home inspection is going to either alleviate or confirm concerns you have.

Sounds like you've made some great choices thus far. Good luck!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:25 PM

722 posts, read 2,100,400 times
or a recent favorite in my neighborhood. There was a lot that seemed too small to build the size house that is being built between a house just built and a woods/creek which made it seem impossible to fit a house on there. The person who bought the house next to the lot asked if they were going to build on that lot, the builder said no. Well, that was true. A few months later a different builder is squeezing a house on that lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville