Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 08:47 AM

39 posts, read 46,516 times

Advertisements

Palmer lands financing for West End Summit - Nashville Business Journal

When(IF) this thing gets done, it will have taken damn near 10 years from start to finish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 09:24 AM

914 posts, read 1,984,564 times
I hope it gets built because it will fill that awful hole in the ground and it will provide a very important destination for riders of the AMP. However, I'm afraid that HCA has either moved on or is imminently planning to switch developments. There are several other high profile developments that are planned, so there is no shortage of options.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:11 AM

68 posts, read 91,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Hey View Post
I hope it gets built because it will fill that awful hole in the ground and it will provide a very important destination for riders of the AMP. However, I'm afraid that HCA has either moved on or is imminently planning to switch developments. There are several other high profile developments that are planned, so there is no shortage of options.

It's my understanding that that is not the case.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 AM

39 posts, read 46,516 times
Quote:
I think they're looking at other options but nothing is done yet. And I, for one, hope it gets done as well. Lake Palmer is an eye sore.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:11 PM

914 posts, read 1,984,564 times
Well, it looks like HCA has divorced Palmer and West End Summit. They announced yesterday that they are moving the SCRI and Parallon headquarters to the Northwestern Mutual/Boyle development in the North Gulch. They must have grown tired of his shenanigans and lack of progress. He's lost so much money on his hole in the ground.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...rth-Gulch-site

Old 12-18-2013, 01:33 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,337,820 times
Quote:
Well, it looks like HCA has divorced Palmer and West End Summit. They announced yesterday that they are moving the SCRI and Parallon headquarters to the Northwestern Mutual/Boyle development in the North Gulch. They must have grown tired of his shenanigans and lack of progress. He's lost so much money on his hole in the ground.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...rth-Gulch-site
Brings new meaning to money pit, eh?

Anyways, I am more skeptical than ever that WES will be built in its current form. HCA was a huge get for the struggling project, and somehow Palmer managed to screw the pooch there.

Even with the new equity partner, I'm almost 100% certain that this won't be built as spec office. It's just too big of a risk...so unless Palmer has an ace in the hole (in the form of another large corporate tenant), then I would guess this project is shelved indefinitely.

Eventually it will be something -- whether or not Palmer develops it -- but I strongly doubt it will be 'West End Summit'.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:37 PM

68 posts, read 91,870 times
Wow! surprised by this one....but the Charlotte pike location is a great area for the city to have developed....now they just need to completely redo that entire overpass/exit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville