Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 06:18 AM

362 posts, read 646,162 times

Advertisements

So I have been on here for a few months. I have visited Nashville last month to look at properties in Nashville and Knoxville. I personally like the Nashville area.

I know if asked openly "Hendersonville or Gallatin" hands down, Hendersonville wins.

I've been to both of those areas along with Lebanon, Mount Juliet, and Murfreesboro. I like Hendersonville but specific to certain areas.

I really like the properties we viewed in Gallatin. For some reason I am drawn to those areas/homesites. I like the spacious feel. I like the subdivisions Emerald Pointe, Savannah, and Saint Blaise Retreat.

Not knowing the area and reading comments online and in this forum about Gallatin, it concerns me. Many have negative things to say about Gallatin. I've also read that Gallatin has good growth predictions for the next ten years. (I'm not too concerned about schools as I have older children)

I'm in the process of completing construction and we are as planned placing our house on the market this January. I AM expecting to sell quick as we plan to price to sell (but not below market value).

So I really need pinions about Gallatin. The next time I travel down to the Nashville area it will be to buy. I'm trying my best to find info online but it leads me to traditional sites with typical state and city statistics. I want opinions of locals and real estate agents.

Is Gallatin safe? How is the shopping in Gallatin? Are these subdivisions safe? Hw far is the closest hospital? I don't want to buy into a community/development that once I leave my sub division I have to worry about my or my children's safety.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate any feedback as I'm finding it hard to research this online and get the information I'm seeking.

Hope you all have a great day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 08:39 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,282,717 times
Friends of ours were buying a new home in the Savannah subdivision; unfortunately the sale of their home in White House didn't go through so had to back out. They really loved that subdivision. Shopping close would be at the Kroger Marketplace, a little east to Publix, or go west towards Hendersonville. It's an easy to get to Veterans Memorial Hwy and go to Hendersonville Medical Center and on to I-65 south to hospitals in Nashville. There's a hospital in Gallatin but I've never been to that one.

One thing to consider is that the area you are looking at is really on the border of Gallatin going into Hendersonville. From my own experience living here 6 years and from friends who have lived here all their lives, I'd say you would be very happy in those locations.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:02 AM

Thanks 46Barb

Old 10-20-2013, 07:20 PM

27 posts, read 77,167 times
The three communities you mentioned all have Gallatin mailing addresses, but I'm pretty sure that Savannah and Emerald Pointe are actually located/deeded in Hendersonville since they are south of Cage's Bend. I know you said it didn't matter to you personally, but Emerald Pointe and Savannah will have really good schools - St. Blaise, not so much - which you might want to take into consideration for resale value (or maybe not). Of the three, Savannah is the nicest looking with the best appeal - winding streets and hills. I'm also pretty sure the lots are nice and large and treed - I don't think you can find many like them anywhere in Hendersonville (not anymore). St. Blaise and Savannah are a lot better located in terms of being able to hop on 386 (aka Vietnam Vets) and zoom over to the Streets of Indian Lake or Glenbrook in Hendersonville or Rivergate in Madison. All three are dead center to both Hendersonville Hospital and Sumner County Regional. You can also take 386 to I-65 and get downtown to go to Vanderbilt if you need to. I know St. Blaise is also really close to high tension power lines which would be a deal breaker for me, but the straight row of box-like houses also turns me off to it.

Overall, I'd rank Savannah first, Emerald Pointe second, and St. Blaise a distant third.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiGuise View Post
The three communities you mentioned all have Gallatin mailing addresses, but I'm pretty sure that Savannah and Emerald Pointe are actually located/deeded in Hendersonville since they are south of Cage's Bend. I know you said it didn't matter to you personally, but Emerald Pointe and Savannah will have really good schools - St. Blaise, not so much - which you might want to take into consideration for resale value (or maybe not). Of the three, Savannah is the nicest looking with the best appeal - winding streets and hills. I'm also pretty sure the lots are nice and large and treed - I don't think you can find many like them anywhere in Hendersonville (not anymore). St. Blaise and Savannah are a lot better located in terms of being able to hop on 386 (aka Vietnam Vets) and zoom over to the Streets of Indian Lake or Glenbrook in Hendersonville or Rivergate in Madison. All three are dead center to both Hendersonville Hospital and Sumner County Regional. You can also take 386 to I-65 and get downtown to go to Vanderbilt if you need to. I know St. Blaise is also really close to high tension power lines which would be a deal breaker for me, but the straight row of box-like houses also turns me off to it.

Overall, I'd rank Savannah first, Emerald Pointe second, and St. Blaise a distant third.
Thank you SOOOOO Much. So helpful. I really appreciate your feedback. worth gold. Thank you again.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:19 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,846,067 times
Stick to any Gallatin property zoned to Station Camp High School and you're fine.

As the previous person mentioned I also believe Savannah is technically Hendersonville and that area is beautiful.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
Stick to any Gallatin property zoned to Station Camp High School and you're fine.

As the previous person mentioned I also believe Savannah is technically Hendersonville and that area is beautiful.
Thank you vivela

Old 10-21-2013, 12:32 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,477,815 times
I also concur that Gallatin areas zoned for Station Camp are very desirable.

When we moved back to Hendersonville (from Mt. Juliet) I would have never considered living in Gallatin. Now my opinion has changed quite a bit. There are certain parts of Gallatin that are rough; however, the lower land cost plus larger acreage you find in Gallatin is very appealing to me. Gallatin definitely is improving. Plus the conveniences of Hendersonville are very close by if you're wanting nicer shopping and dining options.

Especially not having school-selection be a critical issue, I definitely would look at Gallatin and would highly recommend the areas zoned for Station Camp HS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville