Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:34 PM

192 posts, read 257,995 times

Advertisements

Bellview, come on people, at least a 10 mile commute each way? You could probably find a private bedroom and bathroom share in one of the fixed up houses around 12 South, Belmont Hillsboro, Green Hills any midtown area, some of them have small apts for rent in their homes. Your job is in Green Hills Mall and renting an apt right there would give you a great start, Green Hills is on fire right now with massive development. Some apts you could even walk to Norstroms and grab coffee and breakfast on the way. I would highly recommend you pay the 200 more a month to live right by work if you have to. The two gay club reference is totally inaccurate of course and that's a certain segment of the community. The more mainstream professional gay community here brought a lot of class, style and wealth with them. There are a whole slew of Condos right along Richard Jones road near the mall and all around that immediate Mall area, if i were you i'd try to find something near there, you'll get spoiled not having to drive everywhere a very rare thing to experience here in Nashville. I live under 3 miles from the Mall area and once you're used to being this close to everything it's almost unimaginable to live anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 02:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,807,148 times
Take it from me....Give it a year here try to go above and beyond on your job and move back to LA....You have no idea what you are giving up and what you are getting yourself into by coming to Nashville. Yeah, night and day for sure minus the diversity, beach, plethora of sidewalk cafes and restaurants. Don't get me wrong, Nashville is a great place to live, but not a great place to live life. #truth#

Old 09-01-2013, 07:25 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Take it from me....Give it a year here try to go above and beyond on your job and move back to LA....You have no idea what you are giving up and what you are getting yourself into by coming to Nashville. Yeah, night and day for sure minus the diversity, beach, plethora of sidewalk cafes and restaurants. Don't get me wrong, Nashville is a great place to live, but not a great place to live life. #truth#
Have you ever lived here? I thought you lived in Charlotte.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:27 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, Nashville is a great place to live, but not a great place to live life. #truth#
What does this even mean?

Old 09-02-2013, 09:33 AM

940 posts, read 1,902,777 times
Quote:
All you have to do is read up on LAUSD performance and then you laugh at the contributor. All you have to do is view the video of Miley Cyrus sticking her butt out and see what Los Angeles culture did to a sweet Nashville little girl.

Look at the enrollment in LAUSD and the lack of "diversity" there. Except for a diverse display of school graffiti and vandalism.

Move to Nashville and you have a great environment for raising family, working, playing and getting educated. If you need a little more urban culture and bodacious art scene move to Houston. I'm putting up a couple in my house right now from NYC and they are really enjoying it here, considering putting down roots. Don't get me wrong I love LA, lived there in a more sane period in the late '70's.

Question: I don't remember if there are big waterfalls around LA, say in the San Gabriels or Angeles National forest, anyone know? If there are I bet you wouldn't typically go swimming under them (pretty cold) like you can at the ones, dozens of them, which have been preserved for public access east of Nashville.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:26 AM

15 posts, read 21,831 times
I was using sites like CNNMoney - Business, financial and personal finance news and Mortgage Rates Credit Cards Refinance Home CD Rates by Bankrate.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
You might be in for a big surprise if you count on that 60% less COL number.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:34 AM

That does sound nice. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhound View Post
Your job is in Green Hills Mall and renting an apt right there would give you a great start, Green Hills is on fire right now with massive development. Some apts you could even walk to Norstroms and grab coffee and breakfast on the way. I would highly recommend you pay the 200 more a month to live right by work if you have to.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:37 AM

Luckily I dont go to the beach or in many of the sidewalk cafes or restaurants.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville