Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 PM

6 posts, read 13,193 times

Advertisements

Single 21 year old female graduating from college December 2013. I've visited Nashville once or twice and really like the area but I wasn't sure on an area to move to. I really liked the midtown area near Belmont but the area surrounding Vanderbilt was also appealing.

I will most likely be living alone for the first few months so price is a factor. Any recommendations for an apartment at a reasonable cost for a single fresh out of college female?

Also, I'm a film production major with a double major in Marketing. Any job recommendations for me to look in to?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 08:32 PM

701 posts, read 2,033,057 times
Living alone and in the areas you mentioned would be pretty expensive. What is your budget?

Old 12-05-2012, 08:36 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,355,215 times
My first question for you would be what you consider reasonable?

The areas in question are great areas -- and because of that, the rent tends to be higher than average for the area. Price will determine the size, age, and condition of the apartment. Honestly, price might make living alone in the area impossible depending on your budget. If having a roommate is not out of the question, I would look into that.

I would also recommend securing a job before you make the move. It would be mighty tough to survive on a small budget if you don't have an income.

Also, knowing where you work should give you a better idea of which neighborhoods would be best for you. Belmont/Vandy is full of college students. You might love it, or you might find you want to be around other out-of-college young professionals.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,101,635 times
I see you are also interested in Chicago and Austin . . . Nashville is the smallest of the three. Expect to spend about $1000 a month in rent. Maybe more a year from now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville