Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2007, 01:55 PM

93 posts, read 365,248 times

Advertisements

i'm going to be heading out to seattle soon and i keep going back and forth between taking my cats on a plane or driving them out there.

i figure, if i drive - i would be leaving early sunday morning (11/25) 6am or earlier - and drive straight to seattle, stopping only for restroom, stretching legs, eating, etc. of course to do this, i'd need another driver with me. if the ride averaged 50m/ph and drove straight w/o stopping - that would be a 48 hour drive. naturally, there will be plenty of stops along the way and in the same sense, plenty of driving above 50m/ph so i'm thinking that 48 hours is fairly reasonable.

i'd be looking to fly back to nashville the next tuesday. so drive all day sunday and monday - then catch an early tuesday flight (12/1am) to get back into nashville tuesday, early morning.

if anyone was interested to take the schlep, i'd cover all eating expenses, and the cost of a room for one night in seattle, and the cost of a ticket back from seattle to nashville (could be for whatever day you wanted as long as i'd be able to find a cheap flight)

at this point, i'm just putting out feelers to see what's feasible and what's not....thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 03:40 PM

27 posts, read 62,479 times
I moved to Seattle 6 months ago from middle TN. Every day I wake up and pray for God to get me back. I miss TN so much!! My family, friends. If you are religious at all, stay away. I feel very uncomfortable here and am trying to get back as soon as I can. Before I came up here I was in orange county, CA for about 4 months. My experience there was so enchoraging that I felt like I could go anywhere and make friends. Think again. People here are nice, but hard to get close to.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:43 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,282,446 times
If you decide to drive, get a rabbit cage from a pet store. Instead of my cats being in separate cat carriers, they loved being in a big rabbit cage together.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:20 PM

93 posts, read 365,248 times
this trip is long done and gone - i actually flew my cats in.

i have mixed sentiments about this area. i'm actually quite fond of the pacific NW. i'm originally from NY so i guess i'm priivy to chilly weather and the cloudy stuff doesn't bother me either.

that having been said, part of my heart continues to remain in Nashville - it's impossible not to miss that place!

perhaps attributable to being from ny but, i think the "hard to get close to" is part of their charm - as i found nashville just too friendly :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville