Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 03:57 PM

30 posts, read 201,304 times

Advertisements

My family's been in fieldstone farms for nearly 5 years, renting. We too are looking for our forever home. We were one of many affected by the late 2008 collapse and just completed a chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Safety: I have never felt safer. I too came from Illinois, a little burb called Carpentersville. It was very dangerous when we left. We've been back to visit, and though it's not great - it's slowly getting better. We have 2 sons, 10 years old and 15 years old - both were just 6 and 10 when we moved here. I home schooled for about 5 minutes - we weren't allowed into the Franklin sports, that was something I had to provide for my kids. Turns out they didn't like mama as a teacher, and fired me - going back to socializing in the public schools

Getting around: We find, because the light at Franklin/MacHatcher can take quite some time, we take the Lynwood Way route to Cool Springs, it is a gorgeous area through a mountain pass (yes, I call them mountains! ) I also use this route to get the expressway - there's a huge hub of stores, mall, restaurants in this area, so weekends are sometimes at a snails pace.

Schools: They are wonderful! Sometimes the other parents can be closed off, but I think that's because there's a lot of movement here. Quite a lot of our neighbors stay a year and move on. They're of all occupations, from all of the 50 states. There's not a lot of transition with the teachers, which is really nice, and, again, coming from Illinois, the schools are really quite good. Our sons came from a private school. When we left we were told by the administration they needed smart boards, and they needed them yesterday. Here, in fieldstone farms, hunters bend, grassland middle, franklin high school all have smart boards in each and every classroom.

Work: There is so much opportunity here, it's almost impossible to describe! I now work at my child's school cafeteria, and just love it. My boss lives in Fairview and also loves it - she has commuted from there to school for 20 years.

As to communities. There are a lot of foreclosures occuring in cottonwood at this time, I have friends that live there - they've never mentioned the flood. My co-worker lives in Fieldstone Farms, she said they did not flood, but their culdesac was flooded and they could not go anywhere. River Rest, across the way from Grassland Middle/Elementary schools I am told is wonderful - I have several friends there. They love that their children can walk to school all 8 years of school. Westhaven is AWESOME, but - the HOA fees are through the roof. Last I heard from another they were in the high $200s' low $300s' - supposedly they provide cable and take care of your lawn. In fieldstone they're approximately $50. The community between Grassland and fieldstone farms is not HOA. The houses are predominantly single story, mid 1960s, brick. Quite nice there, too.

I hope that wasn't too long - and too late. But - as I happend across this I thought I'd post my 2 cents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville