Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 12:24 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have made two trips to Nashville looking at houses. Would like to live in Franklin but only want to spend $250,000. Just don't need a lot of house. Some of the old houses are cool with a half acre to an acre of land. But when all is said and done, I just want a house with not much upkeep. Fixing up a house and mowing an acre in the hot August humidity . . I'm getting too old for that.

The RE lady is suggesting Fieldstone Farms. Lots of houses available, and she said they tend to keep their value. Pretty much maintenance-free, lots of floor plans to choose from. It looks 'neat' and 'clean' . . and maybe I can find one on the edge that doesn't feel claustrophobic.

Anyone know anyone who lives there? Do they like it? I have no kids. Just want a safe, relatively low maintenance house in Franklin. Would PREFER one not in a huge development but most seem to be needing more 'love' than I can give it (aka sweat equity).

Thanks much,

Lee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 12:37 PM

627 posts, read 1,846,177 times
Fieldstone Farms is in one of the largest developments in the area. If you truly prefer to not be in one, you should look elsewhere.

If you do want to be in one, you can also look into McKay's Mill on the east side of Franklin. They've got townhomes that are maintenance free there.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:44 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,726 times
FF is a nice subdivision with some nice amentities (walking trails, parks). There has been a little controversy with the pools (they are privately owned).

FF is in an excellet location (IMHO). Close to Downtown Franklin, Cool Springs and GreenHills.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:46 PM

43 posts, read 149,289 times
We have moved some people into Fieldstone Farms and they love it. It's only been older and middle aged people but some of the families over there have kids also. But as far as what you are asking for that would be a good spot it's also a couple of stores across from them so you wouldn't have much travel time for groceries and odds and ends.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:52 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
Thanks much . . privately owned pools? Interesting! I'll check into Mckay's Mill, thanks!

Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Falcon Creek is in that price range- includes pool and tennis, and is much easier to get on I-65 than F. Farms or M. Mills. Take a look.

Good luck!

Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 PM

627 posts, read 1,846,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Falcon Creek is in that price range- includes pool and tennis, and is much easier to get on I-65 than F. Farms or M. Mills. Take a look.

Good luck!
I would say that getting on I-65 from McKay's Mill is equal to or better than Falcon Creek. The main reason is the McEwen exit is sparsely used. With Falcon Creek, you've got to go through all the lights and mess at the Murfreesboro Rd exit and Carothers Blvd. By the time you get to the McEwen Exit via I-65, it will probably take you at least 5 minutes.

When I rented in MM through last spring, I was able to get from the far eastern portion of the subdivision to flying down I-65 in less than 5 minutes.

I'm not saying either of better or worse than the other, just giving my experience of my commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville