Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:10 PM

940 posts, read 1,903,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucrose View Post
Regarding the displays of Islamophobia here . . . this discussion is not about which religion is crazier. Those of us uneasy with religion are concerned with ALL religions. I've been noticing a pattern lately. The people most concerned about Sharia law are also those most likely to support Christian bible-based legislation. Same crap, different flavor.
Really amazing. So dialectical sounding - although people with phobias should be subjects of sympathy I would think. But of course not, the comment is strictly progressive materialist dogma.

You can reference any history of science and the philosophy of science and it is obvious that up until about 200 years ago, science and mathematics were strictly driven by the desire to understand the mind of God. It is plain to see this from the writings of Newton and Descartes and it was the very foundation of modern science obviously.

Decades ago the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, the most powerful of the Chinese academic elite, were tasked with a monumental assignment: Find out the root cause of the supremacy and spectacular success of Western Civilization. After 20 or so years of study, the conclusion: The basis of the Western preeminence and power came from the dominant religious underpinnings of the civilization -- the Judeo-Christian underpinnings: Chinese Academy of Social Sciences’ study of West concludes that Christianity is responsible for its global success « Protect the Pope

The previous link is a short review of a particular book I have not read but have read much about. A book I have read and possess is the following, be sure to read the reviews and preferably the book: http://www.amazon.com/Closing-Muslim.../dp/1933859911

Here is the most informative review I have seen: Book Review: The Closing of the Muslim Mind - Books - Arts & Entertainment - Catholic Online

You guys in Tennessee be confident that the dominant ideas of Civilization can find fertile ground there in your dominant world view. And that since it is not the dominant view of the coastal media centers and of the academic and government elite, our civilization is most likely on a suicidal course.

Last edited by groovamos; 06-26-2012 at 10:19 PM..

Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 PM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times
You guys were warned. Thread closed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville