Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 08:07 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times

Advertisements

Not sure why this thread bumped up but since it did . . . there is a charity concert on February 15th (the anniversary of the Ice Storm) called Nashville for Africa at the Ryman - Connie Britton is hosting but nearly every cast member (except Lennon & Maisy and Hayden) will be performing. Just in case anyone wants a lot of bang for your "Nashville" buck.

Here is the link for tickets:

Nashville for Africa | ryman.com

Also, "Nashville" has been nominated for a GLADD award this year!

2016 GLAAD Awards Nominations: Full List of Nominees | Variety
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 11:49 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Not sure why this thread bumped up but since it did . . . there is a charity concert on February 15th (the anniversary of the Ice Storm) called Nashville for Africa at the Ryman - Connie Britton is hosting but nearly every cast member (except Lennon & Maisy and Hayden) will be performing. Just in case anyone wants a lot of bang for your "Nashville" buck.

Here is the link for tickets:

Nashville for Africa | ryman.com

Also, "Nashville" has been nominated for a GLADD award this year!

2016 GLAAD Awards Nominations: Full List of Nominees | Variety

I was wanting to go to this but have to go to LA. It should be a fun time.

Chip Esten, Lennon & Maisey and Clare Bowen all played at the NHL All-Star weekend in the Fan Fair. And L&M sang "O Canada" before Sunday's game.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:59 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
I am going to this concert tomorrow night. When I went to print my ticket (can't do it until 48 hours before the show) I noticed that Will Chase and Hayden Panetierre have been added to the line up.

Will be good to see Hayden back on the show!

Benefiting the African Children's Choir

Nashville for Africa

featuring the cast of Nashville, Dierks Bentley, the African Children's Choir & more

Monday, February 15, 2016

7:30 PM

$120, $59.50 & $39.50

Tickets

Ryman Ticket Policy

A concert benefiting the African Children's Choir featuring the cast of "Nashville," with special guests Dierks Bentley, Ingrid Michaelson, Big Kenny, Damien Horne, the African Children's Choir and music director Buddy Miller. The show will be hosted by Connie Britton, with Charles Esten, Hayden Panetierre, Jonathan Jackson, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Chaley Rose, Will Chase, Aubrey Peeples, Chris Carmack and Mark Collie.
Thank you to the Ryman Hospitality Properties Foundation for their support of the African Children's

- See more at: Nashville for Africa | ryman.com

Nashville for Africa

featuring the cast of Nashville, Dierks Bentley, the African Children's Choir & more

Monday, February 15, 2016

7:30 PM

$120, $59.50 & $39.50

Tickets

Ryman Ticket Policy

A concert benefiting the African Children's Choir featuring the cast of "Nashville," with special guests Dierks Bentley, Ingrid Michaelson, Big Kenny, Damien Horne, the African Children's Choir and music director Buddy Miller. The show will be hosted by Connie Britton, with Charles Esten, Hayden Panetierre, Jonathan Jackson, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Chaley Rose, Will Chase, Aubrey Peeples, Chris Carmack and Mark Collie.

- See more at: Nashville for Africa | ryman.com

Old 02-14-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Should be fun. Hayden was just on "Lip Sync Battle". She looked great.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:13 PM

Well, that's it.

ABC's drama "Nashville" will not be renewed for a fifth season, The Tennessean has learned.

In its four seasons the "Nashville" has been inconsistent in its ratings, though it has garnered a loyal audience. State and Metro government leaders have touted the show as boosting tourism in Music City.

This is a developing story.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:11 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Very sad about this news. I really thought we'd get a fifth season, or at least a half season, to tie up all the current very sad stories that have every single major character in turmoil of various kinds. As I posted elsewhere, I cannot imagine how they're going to end this satisfactorily with only two more episodes to go.

I'll miss those characters. Although I've been critical of this season's writing, it had to do with plotting and the overwhelmingly sad, negative stories that were introduced: Maddie's alienation from her parents and Daphne's pain at her sister's behavior, Deacon and Rayna's newlywed bliss lasting about as long as the wedding itself before degenerating into old patterns of anger and blame, Juliette and Avery unable to overcome her illness and his distrust, Scarlett and Gunnar stuck in a discouragingly dysfunctional off and on pattern, despite their obvious love for one another, Will bombarded by one form of bigotry after another (with the tiniest two rays of light - his song was on the radio, and his hateful father was not quite so hateful - but it took the loss of his mother for that to happen), Layla plotting and more interested in getting revenge than in professional success, despite her wonderful voice and good connections and opportunities, and so on. Only Luke seems somewhat grounded and not dealing with overwhelming problems, but even he has his share.

Neither "Nashville"'s characters nor fans are happy at all right now. And I don't see how the remaining two episodes can change much of that.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:15 AM

455 posts, read 651,864 times
It definitely jumped the shark this season. The focus shifted from the music (which was always the strength of the show) to endless, confusing, stupid soap opera drama. Oh well...

Old 05-13-2016, 01:46 PM

73 posts, read 93,127 times
I've been expecting this any day now, for a long time. The show has really gotten bad, though I still watch it just to see what happens (as dumb and unrealistic as some of the things are) and to see if I can recognize parts of Nashville they show. So there are only two more episodes? I watched them film a few scenes back on April 1st that they still haven't aired, and going by what happened on this weeks episode, I expected them to air next week. Although they might have to completely change things to get everything tied up before the season is over.

A lot of the show is very unrealistic, and not just the multitude of drama BS that happens, but they way they behave (performers and crowd) in concerts, etc, just isn't how they really are. And how about the random guy in the crowd that just strolled up and grabbed Maddie's leg about 30 seconds after she started playing. First, very rare case that it would happen, except for some insane stalker fan (which Maddie wouldn't have had yet) or some strung out homeless guy somehow got in. Second, men in the crowd would have jumped him and beat him to a pulp.
It's also funny how they don't show the bad side of Nashville. When they're walking down the street, where are the homeless that I see every day? Or other things...

I've seen the number of tourists downtown blow up since the show started, which is always funny how they come in their cowboy hats and boots (girls too), expecting Nashville to be all about that. I guess the only good thing that might come of the show ending is the number of people downtown going back down to pre-Nashville TV show levels. I've pretty much avoided going downtown since then.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:28 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop View Post
I've seen the number of tourists downtown blow up since the show started, which is always funny how they come in their cowboy hats and boots (girls too), expecting Nashville to be all about that. I guess the only good thing that might come of the show ending is the number of people downtown going back down to pre-Nashville TV show levels. I've pretty much avoided going downtown since then.
I was talking about this exact thing with someone today. I certainly think the show has helped tourism (or hasn't hurt), but I don't think there'll be any dropoff. Personally I think if the show had been Austin instead of Nashville our own city's tourism would have spiked the same as it has now. Lots of other factors at play in creating the boom.

The person on the other side of the conversation said I was wrong or at least way underestimating the power of the show.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:45 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Very sad about this news. I really thought we'd get a fifth season, or at least a half season, to tie up all the current very sad stories that have every single major character in turmoil of various kinds. As I posted elsewhere, I cannot imagine how they're going to end this satisfactorily with only two more episodes to go.

I'll miss those characters. Although I've been critical of this season's writing, it had to do with plotting and the overwhelmingly sad, negative stories that were introduced: Maddie's alienation from her parents and Daphne's pain at her sister's behavior, Deacon and Rayna's newlywed bliss lasting about as long as the wedding itself before degenerating into old patterns of anger and blame, Juliette and Avery unable to overcome her illness and his distrust, Scarlett and Gunnar stuck in a discouragingly dysfunctional off and on pattern, despite their obvious love for one another, Will bombarded by one form of bigotry after another (with the tiniest two rays of light - his song was on the radio, and his hateful father was not quite so hateful - but it took the loss of his mother for that to happen), Layla plotting and more interested in getting revenge than in professional success, despite her wonderful voice and good connections and opportunities, and so on. Only Luke seems somewhat grounded and not dealing with overwhelming problems, but even he has his share.

Neither "Nashville"'s characters nor fans are happy at all right now. And I don't see how the remaining two episodes can change much of that.
^^^ Perfect assessment! The show was fun and turned depressing and unrealistic. Went from loving it to forcing myself to watch it. I am a huge country music fan and have been to Nashville, love the city! For me the final straw was the talk show lady who was a bigot against Will. No way would that happen, it is about the music not about the singer's lifestyle. Sad to see a great show go down in flames. It was so bad this year I kept thinking maybe the staff and writers wanted it cancelled. If so Mission Accomplished!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville