Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 09:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Nashville and country music certainly have been drawing foreign tourists for decades. I just thought the TV show as a catalyst was a funny new wrinkle in that trend.

I guess someone will start a "Nashville TV Tour" kinda like Kramer's J. Peterman tour on Seinfeld??
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Deacon's kinda sexy speaking German . . . ya, ya!

Nashville - Staffel 1 - Trailer (Deutsch / German) - YouTube

Old 07-11-2014, 09:09 AM

On the news last night, it was reported that Nashville creator Callie Khori said that part of the first episode will actually be LIVE . . all the musical performances will be shown live from the set, to showcase that these actors really can SANG! (not a typo)

I give them credit for trying to bump things up a notch and focus on the music in Music City.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:48 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
This is just a question because I haven't ever really watched much of the show. I saw the first two episodes just out of curiosity of a show based on the city and I was impressed with what I saw, but as the series has evolved do they still show off the city and maintain the connection with it or is it just kind of a show called Nashville at this point?

Old 07-11-2014, 12:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
This is just a question because I haven't ever really watched much of the show. I saw the first two episodes just out of curiosity of a show based on the city and I was impressed with what I saw, but as the series has evolved do they still show off the city and maintain the connection with it or is it just kind of a show called Nashville at this point?
I honestly felt that as the show progressed they relied on locations less, and it became much more like any soap opera. I figured it was their way of transitioning to filming in a studio and using stock shots of Nashville. Since then they've said they plan to continue filming here.

I liked it better in the beginning when they really incorporated venues, stores etc in a way that made the setting itself seem like a character.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:13 PM

Very interesting question . . and one that is probably impossible to answer because I live here.

I watch Mad Men, too, which takes place in NYC, but is filmed in California. You never SEE New York but it is a character, a very strong one.

Season Two continued to shoot on location, but maybe it seemed like they didn't because a lot of the locations, like the Bluebird, repeat. I thought the concert at the Parthenon was stunning! LP Field, live concert at the Ryman.

The question I think is, what makes Nashville (the city), Nashville? Is it the Bluebird and the Ryman? Without the PEOPLE those would just be buildings. In fact, what REALLY makes Nashville stand out is not so much the singing talent, but the SONGWRITERS. Lots of non country people come here to WRITE. All the characters write music and they all do it in different ways. Solitary. In a group. Usually from a heartache or big even like "Don't Put Dirt on My Grave Just Yet" and "This Town".

The music is almost a bigger character than the city. Each song is really chosen for what it brings to the storyline. You probably could film Nashville in CA at this point. . . BUT you'd lose the easy access to the songwriters. And the songwriters find inspiration here. In the pews of the Ryman, or the lure of the Bluebird, or the din of Lower Broad.

(interesting how Lower Broad is seldom featured . . some of the clubs are, but not often. When Avery and Scarlett were busking, that was down by the river, wasn't it?)

So I would say definitely YES. Nashville the show DOES maintain a very strong connection with Nashville the city, through the songwriting and the music, and the characters who are writing songs (all of them do, in the show, and several do in real life). If there was no 'soap' the songs would be about the restaurants and the traffic, right???

This song PERFECTLY fit Scarlett deciding to go back to Ole' Miss . . .

Nashville: "It Ain't Yours to Throw Away" duet by Sam Palladio & Clare Bowen - YouTube

Old 07-29-2014, 05:46 AM

620 posts, read 1,839,001 times
I had the honor of meeting Deacon and Scarlette this past Saturday in Wisconsin - my daughter won tickets and meet and greet with the two at a fair in Janesville. Ladies - Deacon is even better looking in person - had a great time

Old 07-29-2014, 08:32 AM

You forgot to mention THE HUG!!!

Here is an article about the tour from "Rolling Stone Country" (huh?)

'Nashville' Star Charles Esten Plans Summer Tour | Music News | Rolling Stone

And another article from Rolling Stone COUNTRY . . . .

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/p...ville-20140514

Nice quote from Chris Carmack (Will)

"Being here in Nashville contributes greatly to there not being a Hollywood attitude, on set and off," insists Chris Carmack (Will Lexington). "When you're shooting in L.A., you shoot a 12 hour day and everyone has their own lives, their own families, their own friends they flee to after work. But here in Nashville, the crew has become a unit, because a lot of us are from L.A. We hang out a lot off-set, which hasn't been my experience in L.A. That does a lot for morale."

WOW! There's more! A little pre-season reading . . . 10 Things We Learned on the Set of "Nashville"

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...ville-20140514

22 "Nashville" songs that made the show

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/p...-show-20131113

Clare Bowen on Solo Career, The Opry, and Elvis Costello

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...tello-20130925

Last edited by CountryGirl2b=; 07-29-2014 at 08:44 AM..

Old 07-30-2014, 08:24 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Looks like they are filming today next to the Symphony and 3rd Ave. Filming a scene of a man getting out of a black Bentley. Maybe the Mayor guy? You can see I have watched the show all of zero times since the pilot.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:15 AM

For EXTRAS today they wanted tourists, tourists in cars, and "Executive Board Members" . . . only 'board members' I can think of would be from city government or maybe Edgehill Records???? On Friday they are doing a Bluebird scene but suspect it's at the soundstage. Wish I had time to come down and gawk . . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville