Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 07:04 PM

4 posts, read 9,457 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My wife and I are moving to Nashville in June. We are coming to look at places in a week. We both will be working at Vanderbilt Medical Center and want somewhere within 10min of there. We don't have kids and want something in a fun area of town.

Our leads so far are a couple of 2/2 condos in green hills near woodmont, an older townhouse near the university, a 3/2 in sylvan heights (not park), a 3/2 in germantown, and a really nice 1390 sq ft 2/2 loft in Werthan Lofts germantown that is through a faculty at Vandy. It is a good deal compared to others I've seen at the complex, but still at the top of our price range.

Anybody have any experience with Werthan Lofts? It has the stuff we want (dedicated parking, pool, gym coming soon...), or would you guys go for an older place in sylvan heights, green hills, or west end?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 07:47 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,847,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastboundanddown View Post
Hello all,

My wife and I are moving to Nashville in June. We are coming to look at places in a week. We both will be working at Vanderbilt Medical Center and want somewhere within 10min of there. We don't have kids and want something in a fun area of town.

Our leads so far are a couple of 2/2 condos in green hills near woodmont, an older townhouse near the university, a 3/2 in sylvan heights (not park), a 3/2 in germantown, and a really nice 1390 sq ft 2/2 loft in Werthan Lofts germantown that is through a faculty at Vandy. It is a good deal compared to others I've seen at the complex, but still at the top of our price range.

Anybody have any experience with Werthan Lofts? It has the stuff we want (dedicated parking, pool, gym coming soon...), or would you guys go for an older place in sylvan heights, green hills, or west end?

Thanks!
I lived very close to the Werthan Lofts and loved the area. I knew a few people who actually lived in the lofts and they had nothing but good things to say. It seems that they have a pretty active community/social scene within the complex.

They are scheduled to close down and convert the rest of the plant to lofts and retail space within the next few years so if you're buying, you will likely see a good return in the long term.

Outside of rush hour you can get to Vanderbilt in 10 minutes or less. It can take longer during rush hour since West End usually clogs up in both directions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville