Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 PM

9 posts, read 17,856 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Nashville in July and working on Donelson Pike near the airport. Will most likely rent at first. I can spend up to $1500 a month but insist on a single family home. I have one child in middle school and one in elementary school. Good schools is my absolute #1 priority with neighborhood safety coming in at a close 2nd. I have heard rave reviews regarding the schools in Franklin / Brentwood but have my doubts about my being able to afford to rent there. I have family in both Hendersonville and Mount Juliet. I am currently leaning toward Mt Juliet for the short commute time if nothing else. I have also wondered about Smyrna or Murfreesboro as well as Goodlettsville. Can anyone shed some light on the following areas. I would be interested in hearing any opinions/arguments for or against Hendersonville vs. Mount Juliet. I appreciate any and all help and thank you for your time. I would also be interested to hear about any good rental sites you know about. Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 08:46 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,865,139 times
You can find something for 1500 in all of those places well maybe except Brentwood. Mt Juliet would be the shortest commute probably followed by Hendersonville. Murfreesboro is pretty far out and I-24 traffic is notoriously bad.

Goodlettsville would be a fairly short commute as well and the schools are good as long as you stick to the Sumner co side.

There have been many threads on here about Hendersonville v Mt Juliet and they offer a lot of good info. The two cities are pretty similar and they both have good school systems.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,529,640 times
I would also lean towards Mt. Juliet for a number of reasons, with the main reason being commute. Schools there are generally fine, you'll also probably not have a problem finding a home in that price range for rent. Plus MtJ has just about everything you could want in the way of conveniences/shopping/restaurants.

I live in Hendersonville and while I love it, I wouldn't want to make the commute from Donelson Pk to Hendersonville daily if I didn't have to. My guess is it would be about a 30-40 minute commute on average. Hendesonville probably has a better school system but most everything else will be about the same as MtJ.

The Sumner County side of Goodlettsville might be worth a look for schools, but again there is the commute time to consider and it might be harder to find a rental since that is smaller than Hendersonville or MtJ. Goodlettsville itself is a fairly big satellite city but most of it is in Davidson County, zoned for Metro Schools.

Smyrna might be worth a look as well, but again the commute (I think) would be the worst of those 3 options.

I'd start out in Mt. Juliet or maybe the west side of Lebanon, then look at Hendersonville and points northeast. Hope that helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville