Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:57 PM

933 posts, read 2,743,322 times

Advertisements

Hmmm...I would try to email the moderator. Sometimes it just takes some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 10:32 AM

58 posts, read 202,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad0422 View Post
Greetings!

My fiancee and I moved here from California in July 2011 and have been renting in Antioch (Near the 24 and bell road on the other side from Hickory Hallow Mall). We have found employment and are now looking for a place to call our own. We have been looking at flip properties since they seem to have all the things we want in a home and East Nashville looks like an up and coming trendy area, specially near Five Points.

So my question is this, we are looking at this home 730 N 5th St, Nashville, TN 37207 MLS# 1321273 - Zillow.

We love the house but my fiancee is concerned with the neighborhood and thinks it might be too rough. Would it be safe for her to walk my dog at night or her brother to walk to the bus stop?

So I am looking for people to respond with personal or first hand experience with this area and give us the low down.

More info:
1. We own a dog, German Sheppard-Husky Mix (50 pounds)
2. Would have a 6 foot privacy fence in the backyard
3. Would have a detached garage for our cars.
4 Would have security system and motion detection lighting install as well.
5. We don't buy, sell drugs or engage in criminal activity
This is pretty close to where my uncle lives. A few years ago (five to be more exact), he heard gunshots and had someone bang on his door. It turned out to be a drug dealer that died on his doorstep. Again, that was five years ago and the area is slowly shifting, but it will take time to totally turn around (if ever even 100%). From being in that area a lot, I'd recommend against having your wife walk the dog at night. I know others would think I'm paranoid, but if I put myself in your shoes, I would not want my wife to go out in the neighborhood at night. Too many possibilities. The same can be said with any semi-urban area.

Now, before my wife moved in with me in the burbs, she lived in Green Hills and we regularly walked around there at night. I never felt threatened in her neighborhood. So there's definitely parts of Nashville that are safer than others.

East Nashville is an up and coming area. Who knows what it will look like in five to ten years. If you do choose to move to the area you are looking, it MAY be a great investment, but be alert and get an alarm. Also, to agree with another poster, look into Inglewood. It may be pricier now, but it's more safe at the moment.

Last edited by Raiderstudent; 02-13-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: