Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2018, 01:31 PM

73 posts, read 93,127 times

Advertisements

I just realized:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/44274678-post663.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/52443795-post798.html

So I was a few weeks off...

That would probably be a great spot for Trader Joes. Tell them!
https://www.traderjoes.com/contact-us/location-request
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 11:29 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,398,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop View Post
I'm in M'boro nearly every week. H'ville's traffic is worse. M'boro is more spread out.

Fresh Market is overpriced. I was in there the week it opened and if you had a cart, you wouldn't have been able to get through. I've been in there a couple times recently, and the last time I actually counted 13 customers in the store, with the time before that having even less.
I predicted before FM even opened that it wouldn't do well. I give it two years max.
A Trader Joes wouldn't have done much better.

H'ville's Marshalls's inventory is lacking, at least with men's clothing. But someone else mentioned that the store seemed smaller, or inventory (either general, or womens clothes) was less than usual.

I believe the H'ville police chief has talked about the increasing crime lately. Even some gang activity. A lot of people come from Madison to H'ville now. Probably from Gallatin and G'ville too.

Sams Club took the place where Costco was possibly going, but couldn't work it out. I don't seem H'ville getting a Whole Foods any time soon.
It is a new Marshalls format. It is smaller just like the one in Spring Hill. Hendersonville could use more clothing stores, especially for families. Burlington would do well there and Marti and Liz shoe store.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:26 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Saw O'Charley's is closing Sunday.

I liked them. Not as much as Chop House or Carabbas, but of the rest in Indian Lake area for a quick bite, I enjoyed that restaurant.

I now live in Ct, near a 99, part of same restaurant family.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:13 AM

266 posts, read 245,583 times
Aldi is taking the place of where Fresh Market was on Indian Lake.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:57 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMPA View Post
Thanks for the update. That's a good move for Aldi as they're tucked away at their current (though long-term) location.

That just got me to think...I wonder if (assuming continued growth and even more wild growth in the near/intermediate future) if someone will come in and buy up the current Aldi strip mall and maybe even the neighboring strip mall and try to develop it? It's so 1980s...way set back off the road, actually below the road's line of sight in some areas...just seems like if someone wanted to spend a ton of money and make a Glenbrook lite or Indian Lake junior, that would be a good space for it. And definitely an area that needs a facelift.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:34 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMPA View Post
Will this be an additional location, or is the other Hendersonville Aldi moving?

Old 01-25-2019, 09:13 AM

145 posts, read 204,085 times
Default O'Charleys Closing Indian Lake

Already posted, but here is a link for a little more info.

https://www.hendersonvillestandard.c...67c26f90a.html

Old 01-25-2019, 05:35 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Thanks for the update. That's a good move for Aldi as they're tucked away at their current (though long-term) location.

That just got me to think...I wonder if (assuming continued growth and even more wild growth in the near/intermediate future) if someone will come in and buy up the current Aldi strip mall and maybe even the neighboring strip mall and try to develop it? It's so 1980s...way set back off the road, actually below the road's line of sight in some areas...just seems like if someone wanted to spend a ton of money and make a Glenbrook lite or Indian Lake junior, that would be a good space for it. And definitely an area that needs a facelift.

I assume you mean the old Bowling Alley/skating rink/gameroom combo, with a few other things in it for many years, like a Chinese Buffet.

Is both that plus Aldi's 100% vacant?

I recall, long ago, bowling alley held PBA tournament. Is it still owned by man or his family who was longtime first owner of the Sounds, who I had heard were AA originally?

Some good memories for me. Doing laundry across street, Sunday breakfast at Krystalreading Tennessean, and playing vids on a $1 for over an hour.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post

I would love to see a Burlington Coat Factory, there aren't a lot of clothing options and that would be a nice addition.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Will this be an additional location, or is the other Hendersonville Aldi moving?
Actually I am not sure, my husband does the shopping for the most part and haven't thought to ask the staff. I'll try to ask next time we are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville