Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2016, 07:19 AM

73 posts, read 93,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
Looks like they're trying to make an impression.

"....Members of the Hendersonville Regional Planning Commission approved a site plan for the store Tuesday night after granting several waivers related to building materials that will allow Kroger to build a new prototype for the company.
“This will be the ‘wow’ of the market,” Chris Miller, assistant real estate manager for Kroger’s Nashville division told planning commission members..."
Check out this Kroger:
Biggest Kroger store ever opens in Ohio

Of course, they're based in Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 09:12 AM

256 posts, read 482,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop View Post
Check out this Kroger:
Biggest Kroger store ever opens in Ohio

Of course, they're based in Cincinnati.
Gallatin's Kroger MarketPlace is 125,000 sq ft. So the new one in OH is bigger by 20K. It'll be interesting to see how the one in h'vill is designed and layout is done. I get the feeling that the Kroger's MarketPlace (read WalMart/target threat) is fluid project.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:03 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,476,232 times
Hendersonville Krispy Kreme to close. I've said it before, I'll say it again, that location is just not good. First Tilted Kilt, then Krispy Kreme. If KKD can't make it, what can? Rio Bravo, I guess...

Old 01-28-2016, 02:52 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,745,432 times
That's an awful parking lot.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:42 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,511,645 times
I call that the Bermuda Triangle... because it is in a spot that gets only a portion of the morning traffic, specifically those who have to go through the center of Hendersonville. Anyone coming from the east on their way to Nashville will take Anderson or Maple. People don't buy donuts at night, but they're even harder to get to on the commute home.

Strangely, I think they ought to stay open a bit longer, at least to see if the new Kroger across the street will help. Personally, I haven't been to a KK in perhaps a year or more, and that was to go inside. I know the drive-up windows are 'the thing'; so all the more reason to be where people will be driving past on their way to work/school "out" in the mornings.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Hendersonville Krispy Kreme to close. I've said it before, I'll say it again, that location is just not good. First Tilted Kilt, then Krispy Kreme. If KKD can't make it, what can? Rio Bravo, I guess...
And to think KKD built that building only to close it so quickly. With Kroger going in across the street, that Publix shopping center might get more activity.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:54 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,476,232 times
I would be very wary of putting in a business there right now. KKD has such a cult following and it is hard to imagine anything doing much better there. I am still puzzled that Rio Bravo has stayed in business (and seems to be thriving) there.

FWIW, I drove by Nothing Bundt Cakes last night and it looks like they're still working on the inside. They said they will be open before Valentine's Day. Perfect grand opening time for them.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:48 PM

Put an In-n-Out there and I'd bet any amount of money a year later it would still be pop'n. The likelihood of that happing is less than winning a big lottery payout though.

Not only how does Rio Bravo survives there, but more like how do half the Mexican joints stay in business around here?

Old 01-29-2016, 11:16 PM

73 posts, read 93,170 times
I still say that location is fine, as far as getting in and out. I never wait more than a few seconds. Much less than waiting at a light.

A few reasons it closed might be: Sales have been way down globally for KK lately. They're way over priced. A lot of morning traffic goes other ways than past it. Bad customer service (I don't know). Traffic is so bad in HH now that people don't have time to stop in the morning. People are eating healthier. You can buy them in any grocery or convenience store now. People are tired of KK.

Surprised that it wasn't Dunkin instead (worst 'donunt shop' donuts that I know of...and bad coffee).

As far as Tilted Kilt, I knew the day it opened that it wouldn't last long. It wouldn't have lasted anywhere in H'ville. Also, seems they closed several locations recently.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:52 AM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Used to live a mile away and I knew KK would not last. Publix has a superb bakery, which could easily cut into their sales. KK does not get by on coffee sales.

As for Rio Bravo, I suspect like many Mexican restaurants, it can get by with meager customer quantities. Even in the Northeast, that seems to be the case..Mexican restaurants last when you see other dining establishments w/similar car counts fade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville