Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 05:05 PM

658 posts, read 847,842 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

The decision has been made- I am moving to 'The Ville!'

I have a home at this moment and I am going to be selling it. Just going through the motions of fixing home issues and paying a mortgage have kinda soured me into purchasing another home.

I am looking to rent either a condo, townhome or apartment.

I am leaning toward an apartment, but I want to stay in one that's kinda luxurious. I can pay 1000-1500/month.

I am a pretty laid back woman, I don't like a lot of partying, noise, etc.

I have looked into the following online:
Keystone Farms
Alara River Oaks Apt
Alara Brook

I am a little upset because for the life of me I can't locate this one condo/apartment/townhome I saw last year. I thought they were in Providence, but they are not. What I remember were them looking like they had attached garages, a bit of a yard and they were single story- they looked like actual homes. Another thing I remember is that they were located very close to shopping areas.

Any help will be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 05:30 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
You might want to check out Aventura in Hendersonville. They are very close to the streets of Indian Lake which closely resembles Providence. I also think there are some new apartments in Kennesaw Farms that have garages.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:43 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
I haven't lived in any of these places, so I can't help you with detailed info...but I'll comment about the areas that they are in.

Keystone Farms is on Edmondson Pike, not far from Nipper's Corner. The apartments themselves look to be pretty nice. Some of the places farther down Edmondson Pike (towards Nolensville Rd -- to the north/northeast) aren't so nice. I don't think safety is a big concern right there, but it could be further up the road.

The pro about that area is you're not far from grocery shopping (Publix, Kroger, Walmart Neighborhood Market) are right down the street, as well as a Walgreens, several fast food places, and a Starbucks. Most of your little needs will be very close by. There are also a number of other stores, groceries, and restaurants a couple miles away near the Brentwood/Nashville border @ I-65 & Old Hickory Blvd & Franklin Road. Real shopping is about a 20 minute trip to Cool Springs or Green Hills. Downtown Nashville is also around 20 minutes (all times not at peak traffic). I should also mention that the Nashville Public Library has a branch that is very close to that location. It's within walking distance...but I wouldn't recommend crossing that street (not a pedestrian friendly area).

Speaking of traffic, that can be a con at times. Old Hickory Blvd is very congested in the mornings and afternoons. Edmondson Pike can be pretty crowded, too...but not with the backups that OHB has. Also, like I said, the area to the north is a little dicey (not really ghetto-ish, but with a bit higher crime rate than the areas to the south and west). It remains to be seen if the rougher area will creep further down Edmondson Pike, or stay where it is. I would say the Nipper's Corner area is still safe (you should still take common sense precautions in regards to locking your car, not leaving valuables out, and being aware of your surroundings).

Alara River Oaks is inside the Franklin bypass (Mack Hatcher). I'm not as familiar with that area of Franklin, but the majority of Franklin is safe and pretty quiet. Pros would be the distance to shopping (Cool Springs) and access to Franklin's true gem, it's downtown area (historic, cool shops and restaurants...mostly local stuff). Con could be getting to Nashville (not a strenuous commute or trip...just farther than the other two -- maybe 35-45 minutes, depending on traffic).

Alara Brook is in Cool Springs (Franklin side), and is ultra convenient to almost any shopping you could want. It is the closest to the interstate of any of the places, so access would be fairly easy. Also, there usually aren't huge traffic problems on the Carothers side of Cool Springs (as opposed to Mallory Lane). Safety isn't a concern -- one of the safest places in the whole metro area. There aren't really any cons to the area. It's medium density suburban. If you don't mind lots of midrise office buildings, shopping centers, apartments, and cookie-cutter style housing, then it's definitely a winner.

Besides those three options...anything specifically that you're looking for in the neighborhood you live? Do you have a job lined up, or offers? If so...commuting to Nashville? Franklin? Murfreesboro? Somewhere else?

Oh, and as for the last thing you mentioned...there aren't any one story units that I know of that fit that description...but you should look down Old Hickory Blvd between Edmondson Pike and I-65...there are a number of townhomes in that area.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I haven't lived in any of these places, so I can't help you with detailed info...but I'll comment about the areas that they are in.

Keystone Farms is on Edmondson Pike, not far from Nipper's Corner. The apartments themselves look to be pretty nice. Some of the places farther down Edmondson Pike (towards Nolensville Rd -- to the north/northeast) aren't so nice. I don't think safety is a big concern right there, but it could be further up the road.

The pro about that area is you're not far from grocery shopping (Publix, Kroger, Walmart Neighborhood Market) are right down the street, as well as a Walgreens, several fast food places, and a Starbucks. Most of your little needs will be very close by. There are also a number of other stores, groceries, and restaurants a couple miles away near the Brentwood/Nashville border @ I-65 & Old Hickory Blvd & Franklin Road. Real shopping is about a 20 minute trip to Cool Springs or Green Hills. Downtown Nashville is also around 20 minutes (all times not at peak traffic). I should also mention that the Nashville Public Library has a branch that is very close to that location. It's within walking distance...but I wouldn't recommend crossing that street (not a pedestrian friendly area).

Speaking of traffic, that can be a con at times. Old Hickory Blvd is very congested in the mornings and afternoons. Edmondson Pike can be pretty crowded, too...but not with the backups that OHB has. Also, like I said, the area to the north is a little dicey (not really ghetto-ish, but with a bit higher crime rate than the areas to the south and west). It remains to be seen if the rougher area will creep further down Edmondson Pike, or stay where it is. I would say the Nipper's Corner area is still safe (you should still take common sense precautions in regards to locking your car, not leaving valuables out, and being aware of your surroundings).

Alara River Oaks is inside the Franklin bypass (Mack Hatcher). I'm not as familiar with that area of Franklin, but the majority of Franklin is safe and pretty quiet. Pros would be the distance to shopping (Cool Springs) and access to Franklin's true gem, it's downtown area (historic, cool shops and restaurants...mostly local stuff). Con could be getting to Nashville (not a strenuous commute or trip...just farther than the other two -- maybe 35-45 minutes, depending on traffic).

Alara Brook is in Cool Springs (Franklin side), and is ultra convenient to almost any shopping you could want. It is the closest to the interstate of any of the places, so access would be fairly easy. Also, there usually aren't huge traffic problems on the Carothers side of Cool Springs (as opposed to Mallory Lane). Safety isn't a concern -- one of the safest places in the whole metro area. There aren't really any cons to the area. It's medium density suburban. If you don't mind lots of midrise office buildings, shopping centers, apartments, and cookie-cutter style housing, then it's definitely a winner.

Besides those three options...anything specifically that you're looking for in the neighborhood you live? Do you have a job lined up, or offers? If so...commuting to Nashville? Franklin? Murfreesboro? Somewhere else?

Oh, and as for the last thing you mentioned...there aren't any one story units that I know of that fit that description...but you should look down Old Hickory Blvd between Edmondson Pike and I-65...there are a number of townhomes in that area.

At this point, I don't have any jobs lined up, but the type of field I am in, I know I could easily get a job there. My whole thing is to not bounce around from area to area- I want to move and stay there for a while.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
You might want to check out Aventura in Hendersonville. They are very close to the streets of Indian Lake which closely resembles Providence. I also think there are some new apartments in Kennesaw Farms that have garages.
Wow! Those are nice! Thanks!

Old 07-09-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post

Are these townhomes close to the Nolensville you said might become 'not so nice' in the future? I saw these and would like some input:
Oak Hill: Nashville, TN, New homes by Centex Homes - Tennessee

Old 07-09-2011, 11:04 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeraKera View Post
Are these townhomes close to the Nolensville you said might become 'not so nice' in the future? I saw these and would like some input:
Oak Hill: Nashville, TN, New homes by Centex Homes - Tennessee
No, I'm referring to the area between Edmondson Pike and I-65...more towards Brentwood on Old Hickory Blvd. They aren't rental properties.

Also, the link you show, Lennox Village, I would consider to be a pretty decent area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville