Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 02:05 AM

42 posts, read 123,566 times

Advertisements

HI there,
We're moving to Brentwood in the week before school and hope my son will be accepted for registration. We have a lease agreement, but no past utility bills in our name (only proof that we've transferred the utilities to our name.
DO you think we'll have a hard time getting him registered before school starts? The registration appointment for his grade 3Rd is on Aug 2nd, but we won't be in town until the 6th.
How flexible are schools. Do parents have rights enroll their kids even if they don't have all required paperwork? I'm from California and we make a lot of exceptions here.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 04:12 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,549,815 times
pretty sure if you have a lease agreement you'll be fine to start school. you'll just have to complete the rest of the paperwork once you have it.

I was able to register my son with out a birth certificate. I just had to bring it in when it arrived.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:33 AM

584 posts, read 1,137,127 times
We came from another state. My kids began school before we moved into our house; I used the real estate contract. I had no utility bills, no physical; no TN-required official immunization certificate. With the lease contract and documentation that you're moving utilities into your name, you will probably be fine, and you'll have to produce the other documents as soon as you have them.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:18 PM

334 posts, read 1,283,028 times
Make sure not to pack all the school necessities away, like immunization records. You will need those right away, I think.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:45 PM

81 posts, read 288,325 times
Have you tried calling the school? The middle and high schools are staffed during the Summer, not sure about the elementary. Last school year they instituted stricter documentation requirements to prove residency, all existing families had to prove residency.

I'm sure you'll be ok but it might not hurt to call, and it will give them a heads up on how many kids they'll have in class in August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville