Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2007, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 5,974 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am a high school teacher from Illinois relocating to Tennessee. I just got out of a divorce unfortunately and find myself starting all over. I have always felt a calling to move south since I love the country so much. I have a good group of girlfriends who I will be leaving behind and would like to live somewhere where I can meet people/new friends my age and the singles scene is awesome! Which areas should I consider in the Nashville surrounding area? I also love to wakeboard so any info on lakes and areas around lakes would be great too. Thanks!

P.S. A couple I met on a cruise in their late 20's told me to look at Bellevue, however, when I went to Nashville a few months ago, a gentlemen told me to look at Percy Priest Lake area and Bellevue was all families. ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 09:04 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Well, the gentleman was not quite right. There are quite a few singles in Bellevue due to several factors. I live in Bellevue and I'm single . . . well, except for a lazy cat.

However, if lake activities are your main interest, then you might want to look at Smyrna, LaVergne, Hendersonville, or Mt. Juliet. Those areas would be closer to either Old Hickory or PP Lake. They would probably also be better for a high school teacher if you plan on continuing that career.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:16 AM

225 posts, read 1,143,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikav417 View Post
Hello everyone,

I am a high school teacher from Illinois relocating to Tennessee. I just got out of a divorce unfortunately and find myself starting all over. I have always felt a calling to move south since I love the country so much. I have a good group of girlfriends who I will be leaving behind and would like to live somewhere where I can meet people/new friends my age and the singles scene is awesome! Which areas should I consider in the Nashville surrounding area? I also love to wakeboard so any info on lakes and areas around lakes would be great too. Thanks!

P.S. A couple I met on a cruise in their late 20's told me to look at Bellevue, however, when I went to Nashville a few months ago, a gentlemen told me to look at Percy Priest Lake area and Bellevue was all families. ??
I think Bellevue is one of the most beautiful parts of Nashville, and it's really convenient to the downtown district which has a busy singles scene. If the lake is really important to you, then I would advise you look at Mt. Juliet or Hendersonville. I would think the singles life would be better in Bellevue but it's been years since I was in that scene!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:20 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
The single scene used to be pretty active around Percy Priest. You'd probably like that area.

If you do happen to want more information on Bellevue, just let me know. It's a nice area and I wasn't trying to talk you out of it. It just seemed that the areas I mentioned would suit your interests better.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:20 PM

19 posts, read 55,749 times
Default nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikav417 View Post
Hello everyone,

Hi Erika, I don't know how much help I can be to you just yet but my friend
and I are both moving to Nashville from Ct. We're going to be living in Hermitage which is about 15-20 min away from downtown Nashville which is great and it's lots of fun. We're both single in our thirties looking to meet new people as well. My friend is actually going this week and will be starting her new job Monday. The area we'll be living in is really nice and is about two minues away from Percy Priest Dam. Like I said, this may not help you much but if you have any ques you can pm me. My friend is leaving Thursday and I'll be leaving Ct July 27.
Good luck with your search

Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 PM

718 posts, read 2,360,886 times
Hi Erika, I wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. Hendersonville is a great area to live in. We were there for 11 years. I think it has the best of both worlds. Still the small town feel (even though it is growing like crazy), but only a 15 minute drive to downtown Nashville. Brentwood, Franklin and Green Hills are only a few more minutes away. Old Hickory lake in my opinion, is a far better lake for boating than Percy Priest. I am not sure of the single scene, nut no matter where you decide to live, you are not away from anything in the Nashville area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville