Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 AM

163 posts, read 583,270 times

Advertisements

Ok, our realtor sent us a house with a La Vergne address. I know La Vergne is not a great place to live but hubby said this was in an ok area since it was so close to Smyrna. It is off the Waldron Road exit off I 24. I know I once read not to buy in La Vergne due to being hard to sell later but we will be here for many years (we hope) so who knows what it will be like then. So anyone know the area? Is it safe? Is it nice? It seems to be right behind an industrial park...another negative for me but hubby wants to view it. I will see for myself Friday but still wanted some opinions on the area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 AM

764 posts, read 2,550,454 times
The area is fine - it's what I consider the right side of I-24 in LaVergne. It's zoned to a good elementary and middle school and has great interstate access. You could get to Smyrna for shopping/medical in under 5 minutes and M'boro in 15 or so.

Not sure I'd want a home that backed up to a warehouse, but police to patrol that area pretty well and you have big dogs!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 AM

163 posts, read 583,270 times
Well, that makes me feel better. The house has what we are looking for, plus some, though odd looking to me. lol Just not sure about the industries behind us. Though hubby says the trees are thicker than they look on google map but we shall see Friday.

Thanks Mary for all the great help! I truly appreciate it!

Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 PM

909 posts, read 1,063,737 times
Very few houses in that area "back up to a warehouse" (a few do)...but it is one of the best neighborhoods in north Rutherford County. The grade school and middle school on that side of LaVergne are good. High school? LHS has had it's problems (mostly caused by kids from the "other side" of LaVergne) but major changes are taking place at the high school to end all that.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,994,136 times
It looks like a few distribution centers that are located on that Charter Place, like the Southwestern/Great American company, which distributes books. Some of the homes for sale do back up to that, and you will hear truck noise.
The bigger issue might be interstate noise. It can carry for quite a ways, but it may not be a deal breaker.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:56 PM

I know people who live in that subdivision and you can't hear the interstate from their front yard at all. You would hear a lawn mower from several houses down before you would hear trucks on I-24. And yes, tons of shopping and restaurants a couple of minutes away at the next exit. If the changes/improvements at the high school work as planned, there would be no better area for the money I could think of. Most of the kids from that subdivision who graduated high school in 2009 got big scholarships and many are on the dean's list at the respective colleges. The parents in that area seem serious about their kid's academics and instill that in the youngsters early on. Thus the kids in that subdivision don't turn out to be punks.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,405 times
I have a question. Who owns the wooded land behind the homes in Woodland Hills Subdivision?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,301 times
Does anyone know anything about the first subdivision off of Fergus Road-Old Jones Mill? We will be relocating in the near future to the Smyrna, Lavergne area. I already know about Lake Forest but is this area safe and gang free or are they filtering further to the area? Thanks

Old 02-23-2013, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 7,254 times
Every city has its "bad area" or " bad side" Lavergne has a bad reputation for theft and/or burgulary... Mainly the area of La Vergne you should be concerned of is "Lake Forrest Esates" , there are some great homes over there , but its just a bad area.. If you are wanting to move to the main area of lavergne (which is on the left side of i24 coming fom nashville) good neighborhoods/subdivisions to look at would be Park villa , Stones River Cove, The Square , and Heritage valley(Closer to lake forrest but nice) , remember the mile radius rule : if a bad subdivision is located close to a house your interested in , Drop it ! If you live close to a place like "lake forest" it could lower the value of your home , especially down the road! Other than that , La vergne is a great place to raise a family , a good plus to living in lake forrest would be the schools, the schools zoned for that area are the best The elementary ,La Vergne Lake Elementary (BUILT IN 2008) is a highly rated school with supierior students and staff, The middle school ,La Vergne Middle School (BUILT IN 2005), is also a newer school , there you will find very good sport options , the teams are always placing in 1st ,2nd , 3rd ,or 4th , And with a newly hired Magnenet schoold principal , that school is a rising star, And of course the High school is La Vergne High School( left side of interstate 24,Right side zoned for Stewarts Creek High opening 2013) ... WOAH! Before you click cause you heard LHS , let me tell you some great things developing for Lhs, Dual- Enrollment classes junior-senior year, dual enrollment allows your child to take college courses for college credit ($600 out of hope scholarship) Transportation will be provided, LHS is loosing at least 450 kids to Stewarts Creek, So they are stepping up thier game... Already Supierior rated band and Chior , including Middle Tennessee's highestrated high school chior grouP "THE CHORALIERS" , aND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ,the principal , Dirk Ash ( Recieved principal of the year in Tn 2 times in a row) the school is on a incline in testing and parental involvement , So think green. Think La Vergne.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM

People on the west side of 24 are very happy to have a new high school. Ash is doing all he can to rebuild LHS but it will not be in a class with the new school matter what. SCHS is the future. LHS is the past.

If people cared about LHS, they would not have been a constant pain in Mr. Ash's rear end the first two years he was there, students and parents in a shocking desperate attempt to keep the old failed status quo. They even had a facebook page that threatened him with physical harm after he was hired. (probably a number of delinquent kids he had suspended while principal at LaVergne Middle)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville