Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 12:43 PM

738 posts, read 1,890,842 times

Advertisements

Interesting to see what type of artists are out there today.
I can bet that you won't be hearing her music in 10 years like we still hear The Stones, Beatles, JT, and many more which i don't have the time to list.
I wasn't impressed at all.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 03:11 PM

3,803 posts, read 9,361,971 times
Then you are not paying attention.

Criticisms of her, when compared to initial criticisms of Bowie and Iggy Pop, are nearly identical.

You will not find a bigger fan of Stones, Bowie and Pop than myself. These first couple years we have seen of her are similar in talent, the Dionysian Art she performs, and showpersonship.

If you write her off, you are writing off an opportunity for you, to enjoy a true artist.

Just because it's new doesn't mean it sucks. She's the real deal. Look closer.

http://www.ladygaga.com/badromance/default.aspx (broken link)

Last edited by Pfhtex; 11-23-2009 at 03:28 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 04:06 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,341,089 times
I'm a fan and I can't wait for her next album.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:12 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,542,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
Then you are not paying attention.

Criticisms of her, when compared to initial criticisms of Bowie and Iggy Pop, are nearly identical.

You will not find a bigger fan of Stones, Bowie and Pop than myself. These first couple years we have seen of her are similar in talent, the Dionysian Art she performs, and showpersonship.

If you write her off, you are writing off an opportunity for you, to enjoy a true artist.

Just because it's new doesn't mean it sucks. She's the real deal. Look closer.

Lady Gaga : Official Site (http://www.ladygaga.com/badromance/default.aspx - broken link)
I won't deny that Lady Gaga has performing and songwriting talent, but she's incredibly overrated. I hear people calling her the "next Madonna," but I haven't heard any music from Lady Gaga that's that much better than your average Euro Disco song.

And besides - Bjork has done this kind of art (dance pop with strange imagery) with far more intelligence, originality, and soul than Lady Gaga.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:08 PM

Gaga (I feel so weird defending someone named Gaga) is EXPONENTIALLY more talented than Madonna. Madonna was a flimsy decal. None of Madonna's songs resonate. None of Madonna's songs remind me of Neil Young & Crazy Horse's WELD period. Madonna did not, for ONE second, make me feel as though I was witnessing an Artist. Capital A here, not the kind of "artist" that morons call themselves.

I'm telling you, she controls every aspect of her music, lyrics, and visual, both on stage and video. Stefani has created an identity as singular as Ziggy Stardust. I can't believe I'm saying all this, but I firmly believe it, and can offer very specific supporting data, such as the multiple art installations that took place during her shows at the Wiltern, and much of her dancing, which brings to mind Isadora Duncan, not that idiot Madonna.

For Madonna to say she sees herself in Gaga is pathetic wishful thinking.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:07 PM

990 posts, read 1,733,303 times
I can't believe people fall for all the crap that's out there right now-it's unbelievable

Old 11-24-2009, 12:03 AM

"Yeah, everything that came out after a certain point in MY life totally sucks. Only things that came out when I was younger are any good. My life span is the Quality Barometer of all things."

(BTW, I'm 42. And it's just as fun to fall for things now as it was in the '70s.)

Old 11-24-2009, 06:18 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,892,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Go Phillies...ya gotta admit "she" beats most rap(crap) artists!....
Dance club crap and rap crap belong in the same dumpster as far as I'm concerned!

Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 PM

26 posts, read 22,989 times
I must admit, I hated Lady Gaga as much as the next person, but "Bad Romance" is something else.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:13 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,596,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California4eva View Post
YAYAA i finally found someone that really agrees with me!! I totally believe that Lady Gaga is the real thing!! Her music is just totally awesome, and she's been topping the charts all year!! I love her stuff. I get it from Moderator cut: No recommendatiosn with under ten posts.

Her first album will be her last.....

This kind of shock value crap burns brightly but burns out just as fast.

Last edited by 2goldens; 02-21-2010 at 02:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music