Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 11:09 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,340,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post

New Edition - Candy Girl

YouTube - New Edition Candy Girl (1983)
:: listens and smiles :: man thats a good one... I was
trying to find some early Kriss and Kross... infact...

:: goes to check if we... YeS! :: we can link them!
Audio is back... Glad you posted! A rep to you right
away

Kris Kross - JUMP 7

YouTube - KRIS KROSS - JUMP 7

MMC

`

Old 04-30-2009, 11:18 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,842,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
:: listens and smiles :: man thats a good one... I was
trying to find some early Kriss and Kross... infact...

:: goes to check if we... YeS! :: we can link them!
Audio is back... Glad you posted! A rep to you right
away
Man you just don't know lol I've been listening to that old stuff all day

But to be honest I didn't think there would be too many on here who shared my taste in music if you know what I mean

YouTube - Another Bad Creation - Iesha

YouTube - Bobby Brown - Every Little Step

YouTube - Jodeci - Forever My Lady

Old 04-30-2009, 11:22 PM

you all will have to explain your posts to me though

Old 04-30-2009, 11:49 PM

In this thread its all about what you love...lots of R&B scattered... Doowop, Jazz... Rock etc...you can most definitely feel at home here... this thread is/was created for any who wanted to write about feelings associated with the music... or just write in story form, what those feelings created or felt like inside...

So in this thread you have a wide range that goes from just posting a song with no comment all the way to writing a story giving deeper meaning to that song... you're free here... my writing mixes real events with fantasy elements but the emotion is always really felt and experienced... I cannot write what is not felt...

so I have that freedom in this thread... sometimes I can start several different stories because it is the emotion expressed thats important to me and not the linear construction of real storytelling... so the posts can go from people being involve in an event together... to just writing a scene for themselves only... to just posting a song and leaving it at that.

Since I am often in travel or/and work long hours, I use this thread as an emotional resting place or home base... to connect with love ones and share an emotional life thru writing in the moment... I guess it can look complex at first...

Also if any love ones are sad it gives me the opportunity to give comfort even if I'm 3000 miles away so is a blessing... so the thread functions as literally a place for those who need a little more than posting a song and moving on to the next thread... (those needing more than drive-by hit and runs...)

it satisfy those who need to communicate and share music and experiences... smile... sometimes you just maybe want to listen to other people music and talk... other times you want to be in harmony of experiences with another... or express a tender feeling felt while listening to the music etc... I dance, or sit with others, or enter into an adventure that mirrors my or their life like with Lady Gerania... it reflects real life...

The post is long I know... I am too much a teacher of details lol... so shall stop now...

Thats pretty much how I would explain it... Welcome to the Thread w/feeling MrMcCoySays!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:52 PM
JL

8,521 posts, read 14,587,781 times

YouTube - I've Been Thinking About You - Londonbeat (HQ Audio)

Old 05-01-2009, 12:05 AM

Default Jodeci - Come and Talk to Me & Jodeci - Forever My Lady

In Fact I'll listen to a lot of R&B so as to help make you feel right at home... now in this thread.. I could write a scene where we're in a real home hanging out... on the basketball court just listening to a band... at a concert with the band we're listening to... or just whatever your need is in the moment...

Since my external circumstances change a lot.. I need a consistent environment that is created in my imagination which is a music building where music is played... supplied with a couch to lay on! LOL ...

:: sits on couch and leans over to the turntable... set record spinning and relaxes to the tune while a nice glow from the fireplace adds a homey touch ::

Jodeci - Forever My Lady

YouTube - Jodeci - Forever My Lady

:: phone rings... turns it off... no more work tonite ::

Jodeci - Come and Talk to Me

YouTube - Jodeci - Come and Talk to Me

`

Old 05-01-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
In this thread its all about what you love...lots of R&B scattered... Doowop, Jazz... Rock etc...you can most definitely feel at home here... this thread is/was created for any who wanted to write about feelings associated with the music... or just write in story form, what those feelings created or felt like inside...

So in this thread you have a wide range that goes from just posting a song with no comment all the way to writing a story giving deeper meaning to that song... you're free here... my writing mixes real events with fantasy elements but the emotion is always really felt and experienced... I cannot write what is not felt...

so I have that freedom in this thread... sometimes I can start several different stories because it is the emotion expressed thats important to me and not the linear construction of real storytelling... so the posts can go from people being involve in an event together... to just writing a scene for themselves only... to just posting a song and leaving it at that.

Since I am often in travel or/and work long hours, I use this thread as an emotional resting place or home base... to connect with love ones and share an emotional life thru writing in the moment... I guess it can look complex at first...

Also if any love ones are sad it gives me the opportunity to give comfort even if I'm 3000 miles away so is a blessing... so the thread functions as literally a place for those who need a little more than posting a song and moving on to the next thread... (those needing more than drive-by hit and runs...)

it satisfy those who need to communicate and share music and experiences... smile... sometimes you just maybe want to listen to other people music and talk... other times you want to be in harmony of experiences with another... or express a tender feeling felt while listening to the music etc... I dance, or sit with others, or enter into an adventure that mirrors my or their life like with Lady Gerania... it reflects real life...

The post is long I know... I am too much a teacher of details lol... so shall stop now...

Thats pretty much how I would explain it... Welcome to the Thread w/feeling MrMcCoySays!
That's real cool but right now I don't know what I would say whileI'm in sleepy mode lol. I won't have computer access for a few weeks but please believe this is the first thread I will revisit when I do.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 AM

Toni Braxton - Breathe Again
YouTube - Toni Braxton - Breathe Again

:: chews on a cookie sweetie left behind...
the crackling fire and music...adds a comforting touch...
.ahhhh:::

Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
YouTube - Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart

:: kicks off shoes... settles deeper into soft leather couch... hums ::

`

Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
That's real cool but right now I don't know what I would say. I won't have computer access for a few weeks but please believe this is the first thread I will revisit when I do.
smiles... then know you already have a friend here
who looks forward to your more permanent residency ...

in other words can't wait til you get back and play
some more tunes! laughing... I enjoyed your music...

MMC

`

Old 05-01-2009, 04:02 AM

158 posts, read 516,049 times
Default (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons

~radio serenades the traveling caravan
in search of hidden flowers... bright
smile bursts forth~

~soft exhale... relaxes into plump sofa
cushions as song plays~

~eyes close... drifts into fairyland... sees
Sir MMC walking ...His masculine stride...
the movement of His limbs... steady...
fluid ... strong... a breeze blows ...
lock of hair falls onto His forehead...
with an easy motion, it is swept back~

~my eyes are drawn to His ... and
His are filled with such tenderness~

"(I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons" Linda Ronstadt

YouTube - "(I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons" Linda Ronstadt

~whispers to the Heavens~

Thank Thee for bringing Sir MMC into my life...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music