Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 04:12 AM

2,051 posts, read 9,334,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
I usually hate to whine lol but have been fighting off an ear/sinus infection, so needed some fun.

YouTube - Push wants to trade

Video My First Video Trip Report! - MiceChat

W Disney W Railroad "Baby You're A Rich Man" Music Video

YouTube - WDW Railroad "Baby You're A Rich Man" Music Video

Which makes me think about Trains......

City of New Orleans

YouTube - City of New Orleans

Which made me think about a video.....

Wild Horses

YouTube - Wild Horses Music Video

Getting back to reality...

Simon & Garfunkel - Kodachrome/Maybelline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UL_1RcJ9ys

Time to hit the hay, nite.yawn.......
Paul McCartney Yesterday

YouTube - Paul McCartney Yesterday LIVE - HQ

:: rub eyes and sees Summerz sleeping as well... gets up and places a blanket over the sleeping form... tiptoes over to the light and lowers it even more to a night light... then seeing the night's weather beautiful... cracks open the floor-to-ceiling doors and steps outside closing the door behind me... stands on the veranda... listening to the night's music::

May their slumber be healing Heaven... May peace be reward enough ... Amen.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:18 AM

George Harrison - My Sweet Lord

YouTube - George Harrison My Sweet Lord

(Cover) Marie - One of Us - (piano and her dreamy soul)

YouTube - Joan Osborne - One of Us

Kane - Rain Down On Me

YouTube - KANE - Rain Down On Me

::wakes from a strange dream... within a dream... gathering bloody shreds of living hearts... hearts with twisted mouths and jagged teeth... self-consuming... hearts as heavy as boulders... a golden sack at my side... understands and somehow scoots them up... ignore their bites... travel up a rocky hill... being cut by pointed edges... arrives at the top... a rickety bridge needs to be crossed... an old man sitting at the side... begging to be carried across... the footbridge looks as if it will break under my weight... nods to the old man to climb on my back and I'll carry him anyway... now its him, the hearts and their songs in the sack and me to cross that bridge... looks over the edge and sees a fall would surely kill us...

Duran Duran - Come Undone

YouTube - Duran Duran - Come Undone

Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone

YouTube - Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone

Chris Cagle - Miss Me Baby

YouTube - Chris Cagle - Miss Me Baby

James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover

YouTube - James Blunt Goodbye My Lover

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

YouTube - Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

Ben Folds - The Luckiest

YouTube - The Luckiest

Radiohead - Creep (music video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnr72gZlTzs

Creep by The Pretenders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lML2N4xB9GU

Sia - Breathe Me

YouTube - Breathe Me - Sia

Johnny Cash - Hurt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

:: a good day to die then, I utter to no one in particular... steps forward... hears a loud crack... old man begs to be let off... I refuse and keep going... another loud crack... old man screaming in fear.... I speak to him like a child... sings as I move forward... suddenly he laughs.. and jumps off... he's really a young man... and points... it was all an illusion... of human heart... the test was to agree to take him across a rickety bridge while carrying the golden sack... self or another... which?... was the test... loving your own is easy... showing love to a stranger... divine... !

Evergrey -"A Touch of Blessing"

YouTube - Evergrey-"A Touch of Blessing"

Across the Universe - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

YouTube - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Jesus Christ Superstar (1973) Gethsemane

YouTube - Jesus Christ Superstar (1973) Gethsemane (14) (((Stereo)))

::he says "look behind you..." ... turning, I see what looks like him begging 100s of millions of others to take him across but they are refusing... pushing each other to be the first... tripping and never moving... stuck forever until it dawns on each one individually what to do... some been there for centuries... can tell by the rags they now wear for clothing...

Native American - Amazing Grace (in cherokee)

YouTube - Native American - Amazing Grace (in cherokee)

... scene changes and there's a crystal river... so much love emanating from its waters... removes each heart and lays carefully in baby waves that seems to reach for them... healthy colour slowly returns to each heart as they float away... songs of woe left behind... stones becoming diamonds... ::

Donnie McClurkin & Marvin Winans - "STAND"

YouTube - Donnie McClurkin & Marvin Winans - "STAND"

Worship Video - Power of Your Love

YouTube - Power of Your Love

Enya - Wild Child

YouTube - Enya - Wild Child

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-18-2009 at 05:31 AM..

Old 02-18-2009, 06:02 AM

:: rests in the coolness of emerald meadows... puffy clouds in azure skies shields from direct sunlight... songbirds call... mingles tween scents of freshly plowed earth and blooming fruit trees... peaceful here... ::

At the Golden Gate Bridge
- 5 mins

YouTube - Relaxation At the Golden Gate Bridge

Ocean Waves Crashing over a rock - 7mins

YouTube - Relaxation Meditation (Ocean Waves Crashing over a rock)

Sunset Over the Ocean

YouTube - Relaxation Meditation (Sunset Over the Ocean)

Old 02-18-2009, 12:24 PM

158 posts, read 515,661 times
~sees Mr. MMC resting in the meadow ... feels suddenly shy ... wonders how close i should approach ... if i would disturb him ...

Barbra Streisand - The Way He Makes Me Feel

YouTube - Barbra Streisand - The Way He Makes Me Feel

~clutches book in hand nervously ... presses past timidity... moves a respectful distance closer to Mr. MMC and His music box .... gently lowers to sitting~

~notes the tranquil expression on His face ... His head resting on the grassy floor ~feels suddenly light-headed... heart thumps wildly .... clutches book again while telling self to be calm ... looks over at Mr. MMC quietly reposing with eyes closed~

~feel self-conscious staring at Him so decides to alternately look at the book of rocks and minerals (they are like little worlds and are so colorful) and Mr. MMC ... wonders if i should make noise at my approach... but that would disturb Him~

~inhales sweet scents of earth and trees and feels heart flood with a quiet joy ... heart takes hold of the deep beauty and security felt ... self-consciously smooths skirt ... decides to approach ... surprised how diffeent His frame looks when He is relaxed ... tries to imagine and remember where His feet end so that i can maybe go there later and see how much more is He than me, like a measuring stick .. suddenly blushes at such a thought... quickly seeks out something calm to rest eyes upon ...~

~what happens to his adam's apple and chin... hand self-consciously goes to throat then my chin ... seeing how different they are ... all too soon realizes i have been so transfixed on His neck, the way ... its muscle ... the chin ... that i've come much too close and takes a little hop back ... quickly sits... bring book right in front of me as He asks me something... what did He say, not sure~ oh my goodness, what a time to seem empty-headed~

Fiddler on the Roof - Matchmaker

YouTube - Fiddler on the roof - Matchmaker ( with subtitles )

~pats the back of neck and wonders what is wrong with me today ... maybe i was thinking of what the babies would look like ... then blushes at that thought too ... starts to feel slightly overwhelmed ... hears before i literally see Him get up ... eyes fall to the grasses in His direction then watch His shadow~

~takes a deep breath, His eyes like sun's warmth .... somehow squeaked out an answer and held out the book for Him to see, bringing attention there... telling self i must not run away and panic ...a lady does not respond that way... perhaps i should ask Him if He ever read this book before... thinks the better of it and brings it back to lap... quickly stands, apologizes for disrupting Him... eyes fall to His shadow... hears the ocean... thinks... i'm going to be ill ... His shadow touches her shadow ... moves more toward it, eyes dart to Mr. MMC ... hand flies to throat... explains~ i must go right away Thank You so much for the sweet company, Sir.

~unsteadily curtseys, quickly turns and runs back to the gathering of women~ sees i'm not going to make it, leans against a tree... trembling and asking Heaven what is the meaning of this. why are my legs weak? why is my breathing so strange?

~faints to the ground, leaning head against the bark~ i am not making a good impression at all, chastizes self ~sits quietly watching life come into focus around me, buzzing of insects, rustling of tree leaves as if waving hi to me~ ~giggles and lifts head to wave back to them, which seems to make them wave their leaves even more~

A family of squirrels passes noisily by, darting here and there ... trying to guess where they last left their treasures. And a butterfly decides to keep me company, landing on shoulder. ~big smile~ becomes calm and tells butterfly all of my concerns ... it seems to sit there just being wise ... maybe moves its wings a little here and there to let me know its still paying attention ... decides to just sit here away from everyone ... brings head more comfortably against tree... and decides to take a wee bit of nap~

Barbra Streisand - A Piece of Sky

YouTube - A Piece of Sky Barbra Streisand

Old 02-18-2009, 12:51 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,414,799 times
Good afternoon! Hope you're all doing well :-)

YouTube - Everclear: Santa Monica (Live)

Old 02-18-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellie View Post
~sees Mr. MMC resting in the meadow ... feels suddenly shy ... wonders how close i should approach ... if i would disturb him ...

Barbra Streisand - The Way He Makes Me Feel

YouTube - Barbra Streisand - The Way He Makes Me Feel
:: listens to the orchestration of nature as well as the sounds on the tape... the building surf... the mid-tone of breeze as leaves add a soft rim cymbol touch to the sway of an imagined trumpeted chorus to honey bee wings... a call of bird far joins in like a lone french horn... tinier insects- rhythm guitars... and theres another... holds breath to identify... keep body relax but ears extremely alert... a brushing sound 'gainst west-north clumps of tall grasses... slowly sniff aire... an animal?::

At the Golden Gate Bridge - 5 mins

YouTube - Relaxation At the Golden Gate Bridge

Quote:
~clutches book in hand nervously ... presses past timidity... moves a respectful distance closer to Mr. MMC and His music box .... gently lowers to sitting~
Francesco Albano Open Ensemble - Of these, hope

YouTube - Francesco Albano Open Ensemble - Of these, hope

:: gradually presses lower back fully against ground... indentify vibrations... on full alert... not moving a muscle... feels the movement along lower spine... slightly uneven but not long pauses or an increase sense of gallop so is not an animal wishing to attack... hears the swish of fabric... ahhh human... woman... skirt or dress... slight waft of petals associated with Ms. Cellie... represses an inner smile and determines to remain still... allowing her comfort in examining... hears a rustling indicating sitting ::

Quote:
~notes the tranquil expression on His face ... His head resting on the grassy floor ~feels suddenly light-headed... heart thumps wildly .... clutches book again while telling self to be calm ... looks over at Mr. MMC quietly reposing with eyes closed~
:: ears straining... what is she doing... won't risk movement... doe and fish flee easily.... makes mental guess of what I must look like... am I neat... hears movement... tells body do not betray me ... ::

Quote:
~feel self-conscious staring at Him so decides to alternately look at the book of rocks and minerals (they are like little worlds and are so colorful) and Mr. MMC ... wonders if i should make noise at my approach... but that would disturb Him~
:: peeks barely... reads her shadow... sees head forward bent... good... moves head the weeist bit in her direction... great! can read her better thru eyelashes... hawk eyes stares at her thru the curves of his own lashes... resists the impulse to lick lips or swallow... focus on breath... feels for a moment, wild ... uncivilized... ::

Francesco Albano Open Ensemble - A different drum

YouTube - Francesco Albano Open Ensemble - A different drum

Quote:
~inhales sweet scents of earth and trees and feels heart flood with a quiet joy ... heart takes hold of the deep beauty and security felt ... self-consciously smooths skirt ... decides to approach ... surprised how diffeent His frame looks when He is relaxed ... tries to imagine and remember where His feet end so that i can maybe go there later and see how much more is He than me, like a measuring stick .. suddenly blushes at such a thought... quickly seeks out something calm to rest eyes upon ...~
:: focuses on her shadowed shoulders on the ground... slows breath... then measures the rhythm with my own... ahhhh... its increased... soft thrill steals over limbs... sees shadow face merge into odd shape... represses a groan... mind screams, LOOK!... hears inner self caution patience... not the time to have a swearing mind... go at her pace... ::

Quote:
~what happens to his adam's apple and chin... hand self-consciously goes to throat then my chin ... seeing how different they are ... all too soon realizes i have been so transfixed on His neck, the way ... its muscle ... the chin ... that i've come much too close and...
:: feels her eyes for one brief moment... bold... tenses calf muscles... watches her hands fly like baby birds ... dangit... shes coming to close... I'll have to sit up soon... heart beats faster... tries to literal Will her to watch it or she'll step on me... the swish of her skirt... a little breeze washing o'er my skin... rush of hotness.. d@@@@ it I must move now... open eyes straight into her own:: "Ms Cellie... why hello Ms... are you...?"

Quote:
... takes a little hop back ...quickly sits... bring book right in front of me as He asks me something... what did He say, not sure~ oh my goodness, what a time to seem empty-headed~
:: ... she wants to sit? .. no shes okay... tilts head and glances at book.... hmmmm... book is upside down... she's learning to read upside down now? gaze falls to her hands... notices they're shaking... looks away quickly understanding then returns gaze upon her face... ahhh... reminds self of her pace and the natural modesty of innocence... it is better if I say very little... ::

Quote:
Fiddler on the Roof - Matchmaker

YouTube - Fiddler on the roof - Matchmaker ( with subtitles )

~pats the back of neck and wonders what is wrong with me today ... maybe i was thinking of what the babies would look like ... then blushes at that thought too ... starts to feel slightly overwhelmed ... hears before i literally see Him get up ... eyes fall to the grasses in His direction then watch His shadow~
Luther Vandross - Here and Now

YouTube - Luther Vandross - Here and Now

:: getting to feet, shaking out legs... eyes glances at her then follows her eyes but sees nothing there... breeze seems to change temperature... tries to follow her mood but totally confused as to what she ... ... she saying something? ...steps forward maybe a little too quickly... ::

Quote:
~takes a deep breath, His eyes like sun's warmth .... somehow squeaked out an answer and held out the book for Him to see, bringing attention there... telling self i must not run away and panic ...a lady does not respond that way... perhaps i should ask Him if He ever read this book before... thinks the better of it and brings it back to lap...
Barry White,James Ingram,El Debarge & Al B.Sure!

YouTube - Barry White,James Ingram,El Debarge & Al B.Sure! (High Quality)

:: note her movements a wee bit panic... eyes drop to book bringing hands behind back... then back to her face... sweeping over features... nostrils slightly wider for more aire... lips have soften... yielding... slight tension under lower eye-lids... sees her eyes fall back to the ground and hold ... follows them then understands... slowly steps closer... moving my shadow lightly... slides... stops... waits for her to inwardly recognize.. gaze steady and sure... realizes to late... recognition brings fear, steps back... the doe is about to bolt::

Quote:
quickly stands, apologizes for disrupting Him... eyes fall to His shadow... hears the ocean... thinks... i'm going to be ill ... His shadow touches her shadow ... moves more toward it, eyes dart to Mr. MMC ... hand flies to throat... explains~ i must go right away Thank You so much for the sweet company, Sir.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:41 PM

:: brings one hand forward and places over heart voice gentle ::: it has been a pleasure sharing company with you Ms. Cellie... might I...

Quote:
~unsteadily curtseys, quickly turns and runs back to the gathering of women~ sees i'm not going to make it, leans against a tree... trembling and asking Heaven what is the meaning of this. why are my legs weak? why is my breathing so strange?
:: rises and watches her... understanding what shall be done... to tame a doe... for fish to trust... slowly you feed .. let them run so they might run back... gradually they both will take from the hand... heart suddenly bursts with tenderness... whispers to Heaven:: "Thank you Lord for keeping her safe unto My care and protection. May I fulfill all expected of Me with Thy help and assistance. Amen...

:: soft smile... turns back to sit now where she sat... understanding the process within the secret life of sacred love and beauty after all... ::

Bells Nobleness of Marin

YouTube - bells nobleness of Marin

Quote:
~faints to the ground, leaning head against the bark~ i am not making a good impression at all, chastizes self ~sits quietly watching life come into focus around me, buzzing of insects, rustling of tree leaves as if waving hi to me~ ~giggles and lifts head to wave back to them, which seems to make them wave their leaves even more~

A family of squirrels passes noisily by, darting here and there ... trying to guess where they last left their treasures. And a butterfly decides to keep me company, landing on shoulder. ~big smile~ becomes calm and tells butterfly all of my concerns ... it seems to sit there just being wise ... maybe moves its wings a little here and there to let me know its still paying attention ... decides to just sit here away from everyone ... brings head more comfortably against tree... and decides to take a wee bit of nap~

Barbra Streisand - A Piece of Sky

YouTube - A Piece of Sky Barbra Streisand

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-18-2009 at 03:06 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Good afternoon! Hope you're all doing well :-)

YouTube - Everclear: Santa Monica (Live)
:: soft chuckle :: Hi FlaGrrl! A most marvelous afternoon... and now lets see your musical selection... hmmmm.... good mood are you in? :-) Your first time selecting Everclear?

:: examines it closer... comes over to have a listen ::

Old 02-18-2009, 02:48 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,414,799 times
Hey there! I'm in a fine mood.. just call me mellow yellow :-) Yeah, Everclear is good. I'm going both ways today.. some might sound happy/some a little angry, lol, a nice mix. Nothing should be implied by my song choice.. just listening to some good tunes.

'sall good!

Want to try on some Sublime..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sal-bp_ciC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wopDt-_9Q5E

Maybe a lil 311..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hck9Ppi-54&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pokUAsvSRs8

Later gater!

Last edited by FlaGrrrl; 02-18-2009 at 03:34 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Hey there! I'm in a fine mood though I've been listening to some disturbingly arrogant sexist chatter, lol. Yeah, Everclear is good. I'm going both ways today.. some happy/some a little angry, lol, a nice mix.

'sall good!

:-)

Let's listen to some Sublime..

YouTube - Sublime - What I Got

YouTube - Sublime - Badfish

Maybe a lil 311..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hck9Ppi-54&NR=1

YouTube - 311-Don't tread on me
::nods in agreement... (darn it... I am being needed and must leave... resists the need to complaint about ... things... and comes over to give you a quick brotherly hug...) ... hops over the couch... grabs some papers and promises... :: If I can get rid of some people... I promise to come back and first thing listen to all your music with comments Lady...

:: stops at door and bows... smiles... waves.. :: Hopefully shall see you within a couple hours but never know... if you're not here I'll write a note! :: laughs ::

Have fun! :: whistles a tune as the door closes behind Me ::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music