Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 06:10 AM

862 posts, read 1,202,838 times

Advertisements

Michael Jackson's BEN only because I have pet rats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 07:17 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,248,626 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxyqhyhSEXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQMBC-WXmg

Old 02-09-2016, 07:23 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,248,626 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ3wpjdYMqk

Old 02-09-2016, 08:12 PM

134 posts, read 496,210 times
My husband died suddenly at age 50. I was in shock and couldn't make any arrangements. Luckily, I have wonderful family and friends. At the funeral the choir consisted of church members and while they tried...it really wasn't a comfort. However, a dear friend of my husband and myself ( who actually was a groomsman in our wedding ) was a vocalist and musician. He didn't tell anyone about his plan but during one part of the service, I heard the sweetest guitar music playing. Then he started singing, " Time in a Bottle". I turned and looked up to the choir loft and burst into tears and then nodded my head. His voice and the words moved me beyond the physical space I occupied. I loved my husband with all of my heart and every time I hear the song, I cry, even though it's been 16 years.

"One More Day" by Diamond Rio causes tears as does " Mama" by Il Divo.

Music moves me and has always been important in my life. My soul dances and cries with it.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:02 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,161,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I was real ill and in bed and finally turned the tv on and this came on...this exact concert and song in the video. I sat on the edge of the bed just completely mesmerized and didn't even realize tears were streaming down my face. I was really moved. Then I found out what it was about "Time to Say Goodbye" which only added to the emotion of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGIfE1SjLC0
Bocelli has that effect...

..aand that song does it for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoycieM View Post
My husband died suddenly at age 50. I was in shock and couldn't make any arrangements. Luckily, I have wonderful family and friends. At the funeral the choir consisted of church members and while they tried...it really wasn't a comfort. However, a dear friend of my husband and myself ( who actually was a groomsman in our wedding ) was a vocalist and musician. He didn't tell anyone about his plan but during one part of the service, I heard the sweetest guitar music playing. Then he started singing, " Time in a Bottle". I turned and looked up to the choir loft and burst into tears and then nodded my head. His voice and the words moved me beyond the physical space I occupied. I loved my husband with all of my heart and every time I hear the song, I cry, even though it's been 16 years.

"One More Day" by Diamond Rio causes tears as does " Mama" by Il Divo.

Music moves me and has always been important in my life. My soul dances and cries with it.
well, this brought a tear to my eye.. Thank you for sharing

Old 09-08-2016, 03:11 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,364,891 times
These Are the Days - When Freddie says "I love you" for the last time, it's an instant tearjerker. In fact most of Queen's Innuendo album was a tearjerker, listen to Bijou too, it's one of the most underrated songs of all time

Good Riddance

How to Save a Life

You Are Not Alone and Heal the World

Shadow of the Day

Hey There Delilah

One Day Like This

Old 09-08-2016, 03:34 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,174,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
These Are the Days - When Freddie says "I love you" for the last time, it's an instant tearjerker. In fact most of Queen's Innuendo album was a tearjerker, listen to Bijou too, it's one of the most underrated songs of all time

Good Riddance

How to Save a Life

You Are Not Alone and Heal the World

Shadow of the Day

Hey There Delilah

One Day Like This
I agree with a couple of yours, though I haven't heard them all. We might have similar taste in music. Here are some of mine.

From the list above:

Hey There Delilah

How to Save a Life

Others, and I'll add more as I think of them, I'm sure.

Nights in White Satin, Moody Blues

Black, Pearl Jam ( Especially live at Pink Pop on You Tube )

Dust in The Wind, Kansas

Wonderful, Adam Ant

Old 09-08-2016, 08:06 PM

878 posts, read 639,136 times
If only I had discovered him sooner.......

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I could listen to him all day, I love him SO much!!!

Old 09-08-2016, 08:20 PM

1,297 posts, read 1,189,258 times
This one always gets me. It's so heartfelt and deep. I don't recommend it to seriously depressed people, though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=564xkQxkXco

Old 09-09-2016, 06:17 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,606,380 times
Although it doesn't reduce me to a snivelling wreck, I cannot hear La Marseillaise, especially if I'm in France, surrounded by a bunch of like minded patriots, without feeling my bottom lip tremble, and my eyes blur so that I have to blink rapidly just to see.
On a more personal level, when I split from my first wife, a million years ago it seems, we were discussing a plan of action and she mentioned that Harry Nilsson's 'Without You' summed up her feelings when I told her that I'd been struck by "un coup de foudre", and was leaving her.
Being a cold hearted selfish bastard, I let that slip to the back of my mind, but when eight years later, the 'love of my life' decided that the feeling was no longer mutual, and told me that she was moving on, suddenly the Nilsson song became very, very apt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music