Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,290 times

Advertisements

Hi! There's a song from the 80's that I used to listen to a lot. Unfortunately I lost the tape one decade ago and now I just can't remember the name of the song and who sings it (it's the voice of a man) . The lyrics begins with "Oh pretty emily". Then some parts of the lyrics are " with the blink of an eye ... I can understand why...".

I know its difficult to help me because I just remember a few words from the song... Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 08:29 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,932,038 times
Have to admit that's a hard one. There are two songs that I'm sure it is not: The Johnny Mandel/Johnny Mercer classic performed by the likes of Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra, and Simon & Garfunkels' For Emily Wherever I May Find Her. Googling anything with Emily just brings up hundreds of Emily Osment pages. Lucky us! The other lyrics didn't get me anywhere either. But I do enjoy your user name! Hey - Good luck! Someone is bound to know that song.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:43 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Default Famous David Sandborn song?

I don't know who plays this song but it's an instrumental on saxophone. It's one of the most played and famous pop saxophone songs. It's between mid-paced and fast. I believe it is David Sandborn or perhaps Kenny G. So help me find the song. I believe it is late 70s, 80s, and early 90s.

*update: The song is called Baker Street by some other artist.

Last edited by artsyguy; 09-09-2010 at 09:57 AM..

Old 09-09-2010, 07:54 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,932,038 times
Baker Street was a big hit for Jerry Rafferty, formerly of the band Steelers Wheel, in 1978. Great sax song too - played by Raphael Ravenscroft. The original version has lyrics. Scroll down on the link for a list of covers. Googling Kenny G Baker Street and David Sanborn Baker Street yields nothing.

Baker Street (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,600,462 times
Default Gene Cotton song...please help me find it!

Oh man, I am seemingly searched the world over and can't find where to buy a download for a song by Gene Cotton which came out around 1974 or so.

It is titled "Sunshine Roses (sweet holy moses).

Does anyone out there remember it? And if so, where I can buy it for download?

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:45 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,178,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Oh man, I am seemingly searched the world over and can't find where to buy a download for a song by Gene Cotton which came out around 1974 or so.

Thanks in advance!
What album is it from?/ check your DM

Old 09-11-2010, 10:53 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

Thanks in advance!
I've been looking, and I found no downloads, but I did find a vinyl record of it on Amazon. Amazon.com: sunshine roses / mono 45 rpm single: GENE COTTON: Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
What album is it from?
There is no song listing on the albums I have found, but from my guessing I suppose it's either on the "Liberty", "For All The Young Writers", or "Rain On" albums.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:03 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,600,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
What album is it from?
I am embarrased to say I don't know even know that! *rueful laugh* Every search I attempt comes to a dead end. The only thing I have been able to find is the lyrics (which I DO remember! LOL):

Back in 1955
Wasn't hard to Survive
You know that no one Lived
But no one Died
And no one thought we'd ever cry

Moderator cut: copyright lyrics cut

Last edited by Thursday007; 09-11-2010 at 11:17 PM..

Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,246 times
Default Music from ER tv show

Does anyone know what the name of the song, that is played while Dr. Carter is reading the letter? Saying that Dr. Greene has passed away. It is from season 8, the episode is called The Letter. I've been trying to find it but havent had any luck yet. If you need to hear the song look it up on youtube, just type er the letter to find it.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:37 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,178,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennon271964 View Post
Does anyone know what the name of the song, that is played while Dr. Carter is reading the letter? Saying that Dr. Greene has passed away. It is from season 8, the episode is called The Letter. I've been trying to find it but havent had any luck yet. If you need to hear the song look it up on youtube, just type er the letter to find it.
I believe the song you are looking for is "Take A Letter Maria." However, there are a number of originals and covers on youtube so you'll have to do some hunting and pecking to find the version you heard in the episode. Just go to youtube and type that song name in.

Also, see your DMs for some other options which will help you.

Thursday007
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music