Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,240,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
They wouldn't even have to do that... Just imagine... Rose Dawson responds to a strage letter and finds out Jack actually magically survived the sinking and is about to leave New York to fight WWI... Rose rushes to his ship; they find each other right out of port and proceed to romance the voyage away, until Rose and Jack also discover Rose's mother is on the ship, going to France in steerage where she hopes to make a living on her whoring experience from "Unforgiven". The is much contention but finally Rose and her mother reconcile, much to the chagrin of Hockley, who hears what is happening and flies to the ship sailing in mid-ocean on a dirigible to exact his revenge. Oh, and BTW he's a vampire now.

Unfortunately... the ship they are riding on is the Lusitania, and everyone dies at the end in various dramatic ways when the ship is torpedoed by a U-Boat, manned by the fathers of the men who were in Das Boot, and despite Indiana Jones' attempts to stop them by riding underwater on top of the submarine across the Atlantic.

Continunity problems with the story will be explained by a warp in space-time caused by the Philadelphia experiment which created an alternate reality. I'm still trying to figure out how to work Batman into the story too, but he'll be there, don't worry...
That is one of the most hilarious story ideas I've read on the Net! I love it! You should do a thread challenging others to create their ultimate crossover movie! Great work!

I'm not that creative, so I'll just list the films I wish there had been a sequel to:
Further adventures of Professor Bernard Quatermass ~ "Five Million Years to Earth" aka "Quatermass and the Pit" is ont of my favorite films, mixing science fiction and the supernatural. Of course, the other two are exceptional sci fi. But, I'd love to see more sequels though I'm not sure if a third remake of "The Pit" would be too drenched in CGI.
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ~ I'd like to see Dorian revived, and it led us to believe that Quatermain would return. They could add others, including Leo Vincey of "She".
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension ~ It's even named in the closing credits: "Buckaroo Banzai Versus The World Crime League".
Barbarella ~ I doubt that they could recapture that Sixties style though you can see a lot of similar touches in the movie-within-the-movie in "CQ".
Colossus: The Forbin Project ~ There are two more novels that could be filmed: "The Fall of Colossus" and "Colossus and the Crab".
Demon Seed ~ What are Proteus' plans now? We still have Robert Vaughn to supply the voice.
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins
John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness
Captain Kronos ~ Vampire Hunter
SSSSSSS ~ Was she pregnant?
Big Trouble in Little China
Doctor Mordrid
Vampire Circus
Van Helsing

Last edited by MystMoonstruck; 01-22-2013 at 05:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,253,153 times
The first movie that came to my mind is Leon: The Professional. I would love to see a sequel with Mathilda (Natalie Portman) as an adult carrying on Leon's work.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 AM

5,652 posts, read 7,005,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
The first movie that came to my mind is Leon: The Professional. I would love to see a sequel with Mathilda (Natalie Portman) as an adult carrying on Leon's work.
Excellent idea! Love that movie.

I imagine that at some point 40 years from now, there could be a movie in which his Ray Kinsella's daughter Karin (Gaby Hoffman, who inherits the Iowa farm and maintains the legacy) learns that her cousin (son of uncle Mark, played by Seth Rogen) has dug up a nearby soybean farm and fields a team of deceased PED users (and Pete Rose) who never made the Hall of Fame, and the two have to play a World Series to determine the fate of the world.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,175,627 times

Forgetting Sarah Marshall
-I know "Get him to the Greek" was sort of a sequel, But It would have been interesting to see how the 2 main characters relationship developed after he left Hawaii.

Splice-What happened with Elsa after the ordeal?

Crazy heart-Bad Blake redeemed himself, But what about his later years? Did he reconnect with his son?

The Town-Doug escaped. Did he find his mom? What become of his life in Florida? Did he reconnect with the woman he loved?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,734,521 times
1.) A 3 Part "Man With No Name" spaghetti western series starring Brad Pitt
to replace Eastwood. With new storylines and more menacing villians like Lee Van Cleef.

2.) A sequel to "The Chronicles of Riddick" with Vin Diesel, of course, but a lot
more computer generated graphics and special effects including 3D, 48fps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies