Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 PM

550 posts, read 2,825,849 times

Advertisements

I just got a notice in the mail today saying they will be filming scenes for the television series "Eureka, Season 2" in our area. Road Closures!! They also close off part of the walking trails.

Its fun watching the set up, film and take down process. The film crews told us once we could stay and watch the filming but we had our 2 youngsters with us. Damn! That would have been neat. Maybe I will try again for this shoot.

Funny how this topic pops up and then this! Eerie..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 06:35 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
The Paper Brigade-Yalecrest and The Avenues in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Home Alone and Home Alone 2-Winnetka, Illinois

Old 06-26-2007, 10:02 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
I've visited a lot of popular movie locations in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco. "The Sentinel" filmed extensively in DC and Maryland including the Chesapeake Bay Bridge which I cross every summer on the way to the beach. In San Francisco, I spent only 2 hours in the city but saw Alcatraz and the hotel from The Rock where Sean Connery throws the guy off the balcony As well as the Golden Gate Bridge (closing scene from View to a Kill was amazing.) A lot of films are also made in Baltimore which is close to me. I've actually never been to Los Angeles besides LAX.

But my favorite filming locations are the following:

1. College Park, MD They filmed National Treasure 2 on my campus and casted some students as extras in a background and Nicholas Cage was on campus.

2. Las Vegas. Both the Strip and downtown Las Vegas. Been to the city twice and loved it both the tourist parts and the normal parts. The night scenes are always breathtaking in any movie and Vegas is just a wonderful town.

3. Miami/Florida Keys....great natural beauty, very fun atmosphere, beautiful city, nighttime, palm trees, tropical plants, lovely beaches.

Never been to these but....

4. Moscow, Russia - always gives out a feel of mystery and intrigue mixed with danger...effective for any suspense movie Cold War era or modern day (Bourne Supremacy for example, The Saint, countless others)

5. Morocco - same reasons as #3...especially since Morocoo always stands in for mysterious, adventurous places....has been a stand in for Beirut, Baghdad, Tehran, Mogadishu, and Yemen

6. Mexico - same as #3 and #4....this time drug cartels, CIA, etc etc etc....especially the border towns' lawless atmosphere creates some great settings (though I reallyl wish they would make movies in Cancun with those excellent beaches)

Old 06-27-2007, 07:14 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Roslyn, Washington standing in as Cicely Alaska for my favourite tv series of all time "Northern Exposure"
Christ Church College, Oxford, for Hogwarts in HP movies
Glen Coe and Rannoch moor in "Rob Roy"

Old 06-27-2007, 02:28 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
skoe is super lucky to live in Vancouver, the "other" Hollywood. My dad worked on the set of the first Look Who's Talking in Vancouver and he loved it.

The best movie locale I have been to would have to be Salzburg Austria (Sound of Music) there are such breathtaking views and contrast of scenery that you could ever imagine. They still do a bicycle tour there so you can go exactly where they did (Julie Andrews and the kids). The local castles are captivating, as are the salt mine tours. This movie is still a fave for me and now my son as well. Some movies are just timeless.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:39 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,531,004 times
Around my home state of Texas. Lots of great movies filmed there.

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)
2. Dazed And Confused (in Austin)
3. The Sugarland Express
4. Fandango (an old Kevin Costner movie, his movie debut)
5. Reality Bites (in Houston)
6. Wooden Watermelons (in Beaumont, my hometown!)

Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,283,088 times
Movies that are shot in New Zealand like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Bridge to Terabithia and the Last Samurai are always so beautiful.

Orlando always seems to draw silly movies to shoot here like Ernest Saves Christmas, Waterboy (shot at my college Stetson while I was going to school there), Duece Bigalow, Problem Child 2 and most recently, Larry the Cable Guy:Health Inspector. Go Orlando! We are so proud

Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
Wilmington has a major studio here:
Titles with locations including Wilmington, North Carolina, USA

Major Films
Lolita
Billy Bathgate
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
Domestic Disturbance
The Hudsucker Proxy
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Betsy's Wedding
The Runaway
28 Days
Black Knight
Muppets From Space
Rambling Rose
Year of the Dragon
Elmo In Grouchland
The Jackal
Maximum Overdrive
Silver Bullet
Blue Velvet
Firestarter
Sleeping With the Enemy
Weekend at Bernie's

Liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies