Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:00 PM

737 posts, read 1,655,659 times

Advertisements

There is no debating he was a very talented man. My prayers go out to his children and other family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 01:35 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,552,241 times
Loved it and I don't consider myself a MJ fan at all.

I am going to take my teenage son, so he can see what the term hard work really means and he can see what goes in to putting on a concert.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:42 AM

730 posts, read 2,263,219 times
Saw it last night. I was quite skeptical about this film. It blew me way. I may go see it again, and I plan on owning a copy when the DVD comes out. His tour would have been groundbreaking.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:10 PM

24 posts, read 53,243 times
Something that Michael Jackson's apart of a "flop?!" You actually haven't been watching the news have you? The biggest documentary ever!!!! I knew from the moment the spoke of producing it that it would be HUGE!!! Heard on the radio that he's the 3rd riches dead man. Outtopped Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
WOW, very interesting. Although I love MJ's music and always have, I had actually never thought about going to see the movie. Primarily because I am a little confused. I mean is it a documentary? Or did they just throw together some clips from his rehearsal? I honestly don't know any one that had plans to see it, so I assumed it was going to be a flop. Now I am intrigued.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:27 PM

5,506 posts, read 12,307,180 times
There was a special, called "MJ Private Home Movies" that really gives you a sort of behind the scenes view of MJ. It is in five or six parts and you can watch it on youtube. It's really pretty good and you get some creative insight and personal as well. I've put the first part here.

YouTube - Michael Jackson Private Home Movies Part 1

Old 11-08-2009, 06:31 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,291,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
There was a special, called "MJ Private Home Movies" that really gives you a sort of behind the scenes view of MJ. It is in five or six parts and you can watch it on youtube. It's really pretty good and you get some creative insight and personal as well. I've put the first part here.

YouTube - Michael Jackson Private Home Movies Part 1
cobolt, thank you for posting the video. I did not see that two-hour special. I'll try to find the rest on youtube.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:35 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,287,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
WOW, very interesting. Although I love MJ's music and always have, I had actually never thought about going to see the movie. Primarily because I am a little confused. I mean is it a documentary? Or did they just throw together some clips from his rehearsal? I honestly don't know any one that had plans to see it, so I assumed it was going to be a flop. Now I am intrigued.
I liked it so much I saw it twice! I recommend seeing it in the theatre.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:32 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,647,588 times
I saw "This Is It" three times already and I may see it a fourh time!

Old 11-13-2009, 08:35 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,451,279 times
Saw it last week, and agree with everyone who said Michael still "had it". I couldn't stop thinking about what an absolutely fabulous concert it would have been to see in person.

Aside from the tragedy of Michael's death, I think it's very sad that this concert tour will never take place...I guess a lot of people's dreams were dashed. I wonder what will happen to the dancers/singers who were talented enough to make the cut, but will never be part of what would have been an amazing performance with Michael.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:28 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,678,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Loved it and I don't consider myself a MJ fan at all.

I am going to take my teenage son, so he can see what the term hard work really means and he can see what goes in to putting on a concert.

Ditto !! And I did take my teen age son (13) who was pretty unfamiliar and indifferent to Jacksons music. Boy, did that change. Every song,he nudged me, "whats the name of that?" Went out for a bite afterword and I filled him in on the history of the Jacksons etc.
Happy to say that guy is practicing his guitar now without any death threats from mom.

I was so impressed, certainly with his singing voice, some songs were beautiful (Human Nature, Cant Stop Loving You) and his effortless (seeming) moves. Only wished he did the moon walk for Billie Jean.
Where did those tears come from at the end? I was so hoping they didnt turn the lights on so people wouldnt see my racoon eyes.
Turns out I wasnt alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies