Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 PM

12,335 posts, read 17,219,439 times

Advertisements

Food of the Gods-Giant killer rabbits!
The Killer shrews
Xtro-(has to bee seen to be believed)
Gymkata....There are just no words. Village of the crazies anyone?
The Curse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 05:36 PM

8,113 posts, read 10,721,786 times
Even though I am very much a product of the sixties and seventies eras of which I was raised, I have a deep appreciation for old Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movies and others of that genre, due to my Dad, who was old enough to be my Grandpa, and passed away just a few weeks ago. Those movies were corny absolutely, but oh, the glamour and class.

"Isn't it a Lovely Day to be Caught in the Rain..."

Thanks Dad.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,474,592 times
I remember as a kid going to see 'Geronimo' with Chuck Connors. I loved it so much, my friend and I stayed for the next show. Our parents were frantic worried when we didn't get home on time!

Many years later, it turned up on tv. I told my son, "this is a fantastic movie!!" Well......... Chuck Connors, playing a native American...... with his bright blue eyes. It was awful.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM

26,332 posts, read 49,324,574 times
I recall those old Japanese monster movies, the ones where you could see the strings that held up the "flying" monsters.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) scared the crap out of my little sister. She was dad's favorite, so he made us turn off the TV.

The Thing from Another World, with James Arness. I thought it was lame when I first saw it, and I'd bet today I'd wet my pants laughing at how simple it was.

What is rather interesting is just how simple were the premises upon which these "thrillers" were based.

More of the so bad they're hilarious movies are some of the WW-II flicks, and one in particular was a John Wayne flick where he played "Striker" and his lines were so hacknied and trite that it's gagworthy, same for some of his scenes in the Green Berets.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,047,419 times
Clash of the Titans!
The original one, of course.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,562,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The original Reefer Madness makes me howl laughing.
Such an old thread I had to read through before I commented. Exactly the movie I was thinking about!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,375,664 times
Weekend At Bernies - As a kid, i'd always watch the whole thing whenever this came on. I'd do the same now if TNT/TBS played it as much as the Bourne trilogy.

Midnight Madness - Glorified scavenger hunt, teams of stereotypes, and a young Michael J Fox? Yes, please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies