Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 01:32 PM

6,469 posts, read 8,202,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
American Beauty. I like Kevin Spacy, but this movie was awful, IMO. Not just boring (although it was that as well), but I didn't like ANY of the characters nor found ANY of them sympathetic.

I remember thinking well, that was tough to stay awake for and what a bunch of awful people to have spent 2 hours with.
American Beauty was released in 1999.

Some overrated movies from this decade:
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Dark Knight
  • Mystic River
  • Traffic
  • The Departed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 06:19 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,877,157 times
Just about every movie I have seen listed on this thread in my opinion!

6th sense was OK though.......

Old 10-29-2015, 06:01 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,253,412 times
In agreement with Lost in Translation and The Dark Knight (although Ledger was great).

My pick is Insomnia (2002)-- not a popular movie, but the reception seems to be nothing but high praise. Boring, wasted performances by Pacino and Williams. A pale imitation of the 1997 original with Stellan Skarsgard.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:49 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,944,721 times
The Hulk isn't overrated, it is finely rated as not that good of a movie.

The Dark Knight I feel missed its Mark with me but film is subjective.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:10 PM

486 posts, read 833,162 times
X-Men for some reason I didn't like these movies. Maybe because they focused on Wolverine who I don't think is a good main character.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,944,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersion View Post
X-Men for some reason I didn't like these movies. Maybe because they focused on Wolverine who I don't think is a good main character.
Did you like First Class when Wolverine was just a cameo?

Old 11-04-2015, 02:37 AM

8,873 posts, read 8,465,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
Twilight. A disappointment
That movie is loathed by almost everyone(except for young, dumb fangirls). It's not exactly overrated.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:40 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,973,594 times
The Dark Knight is a Dark Mess. Batman gets his back broken in a fist fight with a big guy. Batman gives a nuke to the bad girl. Batman falls for a house burglar.

Now Batman is going to fight Superman? The superhuman, alien really, who can carry skyscrapers into outer space? Sure.

They lost me.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:24 AM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
The Dark Knight is a Dark Mess. Batman gets his back broken in a fist fight with a big guy. Batman gives a nuke to the bad girl. Batman falls for a house burglar.
That was The Dark Knight Returns (movie #3), which I agree was a colossal mess of a movie. The Dark Knight (movie #2) was the one with the Joker and Two Face, which is indeed a good movie, though I would not quibble too much about it being over rated. Parts of it are great, but parts of it are mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Now Batman is going to fight Superman? The superhuman, alien really, who can carry skyscrapers into outer space? Sure.
With a little nugget of kryptonite in her pocket, my mom could beat Superman with her cane. It isn't all that far fetched. Superman is actually very vulnerable if you know how.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:30 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,973,594 times
Thank you for the correction on the Batman series.

It would seem that kryptonite will be the premise of the next movie. That Superman is unable to figure out how to deal with this weakness. The audience reviews better be stellar before I darken the doors of that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That was The Dark Knight Returns (movie #3), which I agree was a colossal mess of a movie. The Dark Knight (movie #2) was the one with the Joker and Two Face, which is indeed a good movie, though I would not quibble too much about it being over rated. Parts of it are great, but parts of it are mediocre.

With a little nugget of kryptonite in her pocket, my mom could beat Superman with her cane. It isn't all that far fetched. Superman is actually very vulnerable if you know how.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies