Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 07:59 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,738,540 times

Advertisements

Excellent movie..! Pixar scored again with this one. The story is very touching and whimsical, the music perfect, and Ed Asner voiced the gruffy widower's character immaculately.

The movie is PG though, because there are certain scenes that are Bambie-like. If you and your kids can handle Bambie (you know which scenes I'm talking about), then this movie will be alright for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 12:13 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,273,632 times
I usually don't like animated movies, but this one looks like it could be good. The commercial for it always makes me laugh - the dog ("Squirrel!"), and the colorful bird that keeps making noises at the old man.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:20 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,297,452 times
This movie was AWESOME!!!!!!! Saw it on Friday with my kids, and they actually sat through the entire thing (so you know it has to be good!) LOVED IT! Pixar just rocks! I was skeptical at first - the idea of an old man, annoying kid, bunch of balloons, just didnt seem appealing - but once I saw the move, just everything about it was fantastic! The storyline was beautiful, enough to keep me and the kids entertained and intrigued, the animation was outstanding of course, just overall a great movie! Very moving...so far my favorite movie of the summer!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,854,416 times
We saw it today (the only other Pixar movie I'd seen was "Wall-E") and it was fantastic; we're in our 60s BTW. We even splurged the extra $2.50 each for the 3D and WOW. At a couple of scenes Mrs. G JUMPED visibly, and I'm TERRIBLE when it comes to heights and I was like UHHHHHHHHHHHHH a few times.

Well worth the money.

There were 30-40 kids in the theatre and I never heard a word out of them.

golfgod

Old 06-01-2009, 10:47 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,033,887 times
This movie was very enjoyable. I love Pixar but admittedly was surprised by some of the scenes (I thought a little violent in my opinion)...but aside from that, I loved the little scout kid & the gramps & the doggies...LOL.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:43 AM

144 posts, read 407,618 times
This movie had me in tears from the get go. It was most definitely another fantasic pixar film. Plus, the short they showed before the actual film, about the cloud and the stork was so heart warming and endearing!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:51 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,045,254 times
I can't wait to see it.
I hope our theater (we only have one in our small town!) gets it, but they are pretty good about getting Pixar and other features of that nature.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:19 PM

149 posts, read 831,488 times
Great Movie! Just I found my eyes turned try and red after seeing 3D movie.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:30 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,490,185 times
wow...I guess I am in the minority because it was one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen.
We went to see the movie but I went with my spouse and children (they are over 25) and none of us liked it.
Thought there was too much violence and definitely not for small children. I guess thats why it was rated pg, but even at that I wouldn't see it again with any one any age

Old 06-05-2009, 04:43 PM

193 posts, read 843,228 times
Default This movie was weird, and kind of depressing.

I just saw this movie as well and thought it was way too deep for a kid. I dont think a child would really understand half of what was going on. I thought the beginning was strange with all of these bad things happening. First he and his wife were in the doctors office and being told they couldnt have kids, then they never get to fulfil their dream together of living by the waterfall, and then he attends her funeral cause she dies, then developers want him to sell his house. the whole beginning was just a bunch of depressing series of events happening throughout him and his wives life together... weird for a kids movie in my opinion. I thought it was just strange. I have liked every pixar movie I have seen but this one was seriously dumb, and not what I consider a childrens movie. I think most smaller kids would be either scared at some of the scenes or totally bored out of their mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies