Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:31 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,203,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbaak View Post
Walked out on "He's Just Not That Into You" this evening!

Surprisingly, I really liked this movie, but probably only because I stayed to the very end. I liked it because it implied that the couples had worked out their differences and were starting a new chapter in their romances. The reviews of this movie were all over the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 06:37 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I had been pretty traumatized by the The Exorcist
and so I walked out on The Omen. Just too scary.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:35 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,397,265 times
I walked out on 'The Village' and 'Underworld'

Old 05-30-2009, 07:41 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
I didn't walk out of any film I have seen. But I have gone to sleep watching some movies. Like "The Hulk(1st one)," and "Van Helsing," both were too long and too boring to actually stay awake. And most Russian films suck so I don't watch them if I can't help it. The only russian film I have managed to watch entirely and enjoy was "inner circle".

Old 05-30-2009, 07:47 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint.Patrick View Post
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.
Slouching Tiger-Spitting Dragon, is what I like to call it.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:50 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
We left after the first 5 minutes of the "Blair Witch Project". Fortunately, it was the second movie in a double billing at the drive-in, so I didn't feel as completely ripped off as I would have had we paid full price just to see that joke.

As far as movies that blew that I have stopped watching after renting them from the video store? - more than I have watched all the way through most likely. And especially here lately. They are just cranking out such junk so fast.

I work a lot and don't have a lot of "free" time. I won't waste it on something that insults my intelligence, or assaults my ears with the "F" word thrown in several times per sentence for "dramatic effect".

It is such a pleasure to be pleasantly surprised these days and actually enjoy a movie. I have seen quite a few that were panned by the critics that I and/or my kids actually enjoyed. The little independant films and documentaries are getting better and better. They need to be more accessible.

And I have rented many a movie that got great "reviews" or won Academy awards that were absolutely horrible. "English Patient" anyone? It's all in what the individual personally finds entertaining.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
I've never walked out of a movie per se. I can only remember doing that on "Blood Diamond" and that is because I had a bus to catch.

Though, I've sat through some BAD movies this decade.

I would say:

Hell Boy ( my friend actually fell asleep )

The Hulk ( Eric Bana version. That movie SUCKS! )

The Matrix ReLoaded. ( I still don't even remember seeing it. )

Men in Black II. ( True Story: The local theather had a double screening. Sprider Man and Men in Black II. Spider Man was sold out, and even through this was my second time seeing this flick, it was better than the first! Then comes Men in Black II, I kid you not, then theather when from full, to 5 people.)

Old 05-30-2009, 07:58 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was one of the best movies ever! Oscar worthy for Kathy Bates!! It was pretty gruesome, but the book was far, far worse!!
Agreed on the movie, but I loved the book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I fell asleep through "Chronicles of Narnia" I wanted to walk out but I was with several friends and their kids and didn't want to cause a scene or anything. I should've said I was sick and excused myself, but I just slid down in my chair and slept.
I guess I'm just a big kid as I would have watched this for the cinematography alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Hmmm.... As cherry251 said, we are also pretty selective about what we see.

I walked out on World Trade Center because I just couldn't handle seeing the pain and extreme suffering etc.

I wish I would have walked out on The Shawshank Redemption. That bothered me in a lot of ways too.

Usually, I will not leave a movie if it's just boring. For me to walk out, it has to be generally bothering me emotionally.
Shawshank.. I just watched it again as it was on TV last weekend.

The ones I've walked out on:

The Gods Must Be Crazy

The Return of the Night of the Living Dead.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:13 AM

65 posts, read 125,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post

The Matrix ReLoaded. ( I still don't even remember seeing it. )
Reloaded wasnt bad it was Revolution that sucked

Old 05-30-2009, 10:29 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,203,529 times
When I posted before, had forgotten about the Exorcist some 30+ years ago. My DH and I saw it. Soon after, he left for a lengthy business trip. I was sleeping in our house alone for probably several weeks, which I didn't do often. I kept hearing "exorcist" -like noises in the ceiling in our bedroom, every single night. Do you remember those "scratchy" noise-sounds that were throughout the movie? They kept me awake. Finally, the night before he came home, I called the police at 4 AM (I was very, very frightened by this time) to have them come and check out our house. I had them go into every room, every closet to check. Now, I am not sure that I had them go into the attic, which wasn't too smart of me. The neighbors noticed the police car, and very embarrassed, I had to tell them that I had them come to assure me that there was no one in our house. I'm not the kind of person who can lie (I was only 24-25), so I told them the truth. So embarassing when you're supposedly an adult.

The funny thing is, I don't remember the movie being that upsetting to me while I watched it. But I can't remember that at all. Back then, I would not have walked out on a movie. Today, it's another story.

Today, I would not go to see that movie. If it was being shown, I would walk out of the room or theater. There is something very frightening about it, more so than just the average scarey-horror movie. I would definitely warn people before they watched it. And, I am a very strong person today, so that says a lot right there. No, I'm not Catholic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies