Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:28 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I can see your point. My sister had to walk out of "Passion of The Christ". I'd rather leave, get my money back or a credit to see something else. Once, I told the theater I was on call and had to leave, and could I get a credit to come back to see something else later, they said sure.

(you can't use that! ha! ha!)

I was very close to walking out on Hancock, don't know why I stayed, still mad at that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Hmmm.... As cherry251 said, we are also pretty selective about what we see.

I walked out on World Trade Center because I just couldn't handle seeing the pain and extreme suffering etc.

I wish I would have walked out on The Shawshank Redemption. That bothered me in a lot of ways too.

Usually, I will not leave a movie if it's just boring. For me to walk out, it has to be generally bothering me emotionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,608 times
but I really wanted to walk out on Phantom of The Opera, so very painful!!! But I was with a good friend and she was so excited to see it![/quote]

I dont normally watch Musical's but i thought i would give it a try..
Borrowed the dvd and i thought it sucked.

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
I was a big "Mission Impossible" fan when it was on TV in the late 60's. But I just couldn't follow the movie, and to my knowledge it is the only movie I have walked out on. Probably just me-I go to a couple movies a month and rent that many a month or more.

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times
I have not been to a movie in years cause I refuse to pay the high price of a movie when you can rent it for alot cheaper . so the last movie I walked out on was forces of nature starring sandra bullock and ben affleck . I hate the price of movies now , they are just outrageous and yes I understand it is because they have to pay the stars of the movie so much but in all reality the way the economy is movie prices are just not a neccessity in my point of view . I d rather stay home and watch tv it is cheaper and i dont have to waiste gas to go see something i might not like anyway.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
I didn't see it in the theater, I watched on DVD, it was pretty painful. Very moving and insightful though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I sometimes think I'm the only Christian in America who didn't see "The Passion of Christ." My husband saw it, but I did not because I simply didn't want to subject myself to seeing that. And after my husband saw it, he also recommended that I NOT view it.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
I rarely go to theatres now, mostly PPV but I fast fwd through the last Indy Jones flick...what a waste of $3.99.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Yeah, I can see your point. My sister had to walk out of "Passion of The Christ".
Sometimes, I think I'm the only Christian in America who didn't see "The Passion of Christ" but I just didn't want to subject myself to seeing that. My husband recommended that I not see it also, though, he saw it and thought it was powerful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I was a big "Mission Impossible" fan when it was on TV in the late 60's. But I just couldn't follow the movie, and to my knowledge it is the only movie I have walked out on. Probably just me-I go to a couple movies a month and rent that many a month or more.
I wanted to walk out on Mission Impossible 2, but I was with my 16 year old son and he wanted to stay. (It was mostly because I was with him I wanted to leave. Didn't think some of it was good for him to see.) Also one violent part bothered me a lot.

(There are probably many movies I might have walked out on if I had been viewing them by myself.)

Old 02-11-2009, 08:52 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Why don't you guys read the reviews about a movie BEFORE you go?
Because I'm nice enough to go with friends to movies that they want to see, and they do the same for movies I want to see.

Not to mention that trailers and reviews can be extremely deceptive.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 AM

414 posts, read 1,009,849 times
I can honestly say I have never walked out of a movie (unless I did in Jr. High or something but I can't remember if I did or not)...never really wanted to. My husband and I won't go see movies that are really questionable as to whether or not ONE of us will like them. I mean...I've seen some movies that I personally don't enjoy but wouldn't have walked out of them.

I must say I'm surprised at some of the movies on this list...but to each his/her own!

Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Not to mention that trailers and reviews can be extremely deceptive.
Especially comedies!

Has anyone else noticed that with some comedies every funny scene is in the trailer???

That just cheeses me off. I could save my $$$ and watch the trailer 10x for free instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies