Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 03:00 PM

169 posts, read 561,862 times

Advertisements

Just got through taking my daughter to see this movie. She loved it being the dog lover that she is and I enjoyed it too. I have to admit I even cried. I thought it was interesting how the portrayed the "pound" as they called it in the movie though. They were stupid and very mean men that didnt want what was best for the dogs. They made a point to really emphasize this and the goal towards the end of the movie was to get those dogs away from the mean men and to a no kill shelter. While that whole scenario is very sad in our world, it would be much sadder if those dogs were starving on the streetsand unfortunately no kill shelters are not available everywhere. I guess maybe in Hollywood they are. I dont know, maybe I am reading too much into it. I am not some big animal advocate although I do love them. Did anyone else see this movie and notice this? Just curious what others thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 07:56 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,214,075 times
There can't be enough no kill shelters to warehouse animals - we put down MILLIONS a year.
The only answer is SPAY and NEUTER! And for people to quit trying to make money on their pets by breeding.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 AM

169 posts, read 561,862 times
That is sooo true! Pure bred dogs tend to have health problems etc due to overbreeding anyway. People shouldn't get so wrapped up in "what kind" of dog they have and focus more on savings these precious pups. Mixed breeds make far better pets anyway.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:34 AM

287 posts, read 549,070 times
I haven't seen this yet, but my daughter wants to go and see it. She has been begging for a puppy since she learned how to talk, yet unfortunately we haven't been in the position to get one yet. However, when we do, we do plan on adopting one from a local animal shelter.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:51 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,214,075 times
Good for you heathernicole. Take your time and talk to the staff, they should be able to help pick one that's a match for you and your daughter. I'd recommend one that's a little older than 2. People rip out their hair because the insist on getting a puppy and then are totally overwhelmed with their busy lives and a puppy that doesn't stay physically small for long but does stay a puppy! They finally cave and dump them at a shelter - usually just when they are going to start, well not calming down, but at least being able to listen if you get my drift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies