Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:16 AM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
for many being in charge is everything. the destruction of everyone else is of small concern.
obama 08
I liked the movie myself, as it was a good scary and made the hair stand up on my arms and head.

You can leave you campaigning at the door next time and you should read the terms of service again.

NO SIGNATURES! Unless you're a mod of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
One of the best horror movie endings in my opinion. It was stated earlier in the movie that pairs of children were taken to the house by a local man, possibly possessed by the witch, to be murdered. The man (Rusty Parr I believe) said he heard voices in his head coming from Elly Kedward (The witch), who told him to kill the children. One child was forced to stand in the corner facing the wall waiting their turn while the other was murdered. The man would then murder the child in the corner after killing the first one. Mike was standing facing the wall waiting his turn and Heather was attacked by the spirit. There is some interpretations that Josh was possessed and lured Mike into the basement, made him stand in the corner, and then attacked Heather when she came into the basement while Mike was awaiting his turn. That's one thing I enjoyed about the ending as they left it up to the viewer's imagination.
Great post! Now I have to go back and watch the whole thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Of course wandering out and about in the thick forest map or no map and not having a trail to be on is also crazy. We see that in the New Mexico/Colorado mountains alot with hikers leaving the trails getting lost and then having search and rescue go find them.
I get a park pass every year so I help pay for my own and their rescue; plus it lets me take the short cut to work around the reservoir. $60.00/year now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 AM

631 posts, read 1,885,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Yeap i watched it again and you could tell something grabbed them both at the end as their cameras fell as he was looking at the corner like the little kids did when they were killed. So either Josh became the killer and grabbed them or the Blair Witch grabbed them?

I think it was Josh. I personally just assumed that the Blair Witch wasn't an actual being but more of a "demon" or "spirit" that used people to do her bidding. Could be totally off because I haven't seen the movie in years but that was my line of thinking when I first saw it. The friends and I saw it at the theatre when it was released and it was pretty freaky. Took me awhile to shake it.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:25 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,493,987 times
I was left wondering if the two guys concocted the whole thing because Heather was so serious and hell-bent on getting the project done. It would have been really easy to get a bunch of friends together to make noises in the woods, leave stones around the tent, make those crazy things hanging in the trees, etc. Maybe it was just one big "mind-f***" at Heather's expense?

Old 10-24-2008, 03:56 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
I was left wondering if the two guys concocted the whole thing because Heather was so serious and hell-bent on getting the project done. It would have been really easy to get a bunch of friends together to make noises in the woods, leave stones around the tent, make those crazy things hanging in the trees, etc. Maybe it was just one big "mind-f***" at Heather's expense?
Interesting concept jersgrl.......however all 3 disappeared and never were seen again as eventually Josh and/or Mike would have wondered out into society if they had planned it all along so that probably rules that out.

As for the noise in the forest at nite i always thiought it was like ''Big Foot'' as it sounded like slow crashing down of trees while something was walking.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:14 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE
OOOOOooo EEeeerrrrr!!!!

The Real Blair Witch Ghosts - Part One (http://www.hollowhill.com/misc/blair1.htm - broken link)
Interesting link,here it is!

http://web.archive.org/web/200507020...isc/blair1.htm

I think its unfortunate they couldnt find the way out!! -- Did that house HAVE A DRIVEWAY they could have followed??

Why didnt they start a BIG FIRE?? -- That would most likely bring help within minutes!!

They whole thing is so mysterious!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies