Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 11:50 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,059,702 times

Advertisements

I have to tell you for years, I never understood the end of that movie! Thanks for clearing up the ending, I mean it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 12:14 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,380,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I have to tell you for years, I never understood the end of that movie! Thanks for clearing up the ending, I mean it!
Ditto. I too was like WTH was THAT about. That explanation makes the movie seem creepier.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:32 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,059,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Ditto. I too was like WTH was THAT about. That explanation makes the movie seem creepier.
Seriously! The explanation sheds a whole new light on the movie!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:14 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,034,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I saw it back in the theatres when it was released and it took a bit for my friends and I to figure out what exactly had happened after seeing it. I really like the movie because it left much up to the viewer's imagination and captured a great creepy feel that being deep in the woods can capture.
I saw it in the theaters, too. The handheld camera got to me a bit, as did the constant f-bombs, but it *was* a bit scary. I understood the ending and actually thought it was the scariest part of the entire movie, because I remembered the part about sitting in the corner.
Blair Witch was one of the first movies to have a website; some people thought it was a real documentary.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,631,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
simply following the river would have taken them out of the woods in a few hours.
That was my thought also as they should have just followed it and although they were hungry at least they had water for dehydration.

Of course wandering out and about in the thick forest map or no map and not having a trail to be on is also crazy. We see that in the New Mexico/Colorado mountains alot with hikers leaving the trails getting lost and then having search and rescue go find them.

Still a great movie especially the very first time watching it. Looks like Oct 15th it will be on Showtime again .

Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,698,914 times
Great explanation about the ending! Since I get motion sick easily, I had to watch this movie in small increments. The jittery camera was more than I could stomach, so to speak. I'm glad I watched it though. And now the ending makes sense! Yayyy!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:41 AM

I see it's on tomorrow morning (Sat 18th) on Showtime Extreme East at 8.00 A.M. EST and Showtime Extreme West at 11.00 A.M. EST for those who want to see it.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:48 AM

66 posts, read 194,728 times
Just a stupid little clarification, but I think his name is actually Rustin Parr, not Rusty.

One of my favorite horror movies, btw.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:59 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
One of the best horror movie endings in my opinion. It was stated earlier in the movie that pairs of children were taken to the house by a local man, possibly possessed by the witch, to be murdered. The man (Rusty Parr I believe) said he heard voices in his head coming from Elly Kedward (The witch), who told him to kill the children. One child was forced to stand in the corner facing the wall waiting their turn while the other was murdered. The man would then murder the child in the corner after killing the first one. Mike was standing facing the wall waiting his turn and Heather was attacked by the spirit. There is some interpretations that Josh was possessed and lured Mike into the basement, made him stand in the corner, and then attacked Heather when she came into the basement while Mike was awaiting his turn. That's one thing I enjoyed about the ending as they left it up to the viewer's imagination.
Just reading your interpretation gave me the creeps, remembering the end of that movie. I was totally freaked out by that movie, and I loved it.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
Just reading your interpretation gave me the creeps, remembering the end of that movie. I was totally freaked out by that movie, and I loved it.
Yeap i watched it again and you could tell something grabbed them both at the end as their cameras fell as he was looking at the corner like the little kids did when they were killed. So either Josh became the killer and grabbed them or the Blair Witch grabbed them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies