Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:31 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,907,347 times

Advertisements

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 10:05 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,064,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll see that, and raise ya a few more O's...

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but hard to believe that this classic can be remade into anything better.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
I'll see that, and raise ya a few more O's...

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but hard to believe that this classic can be remade into anything better.
There's just not enough O's to emphasize my displeasure at this ridiculous idea!

Some things just should NEVER be remade. And to pathetically attempt to is an abomination! ( I know, I know, I'm being a tad overzealous, but it's THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!!!!!!)

I mean you could never remake and improve on Gone With The Wind, To Kill A Mockingbird, Grease, Casablanca, The Wizard of Oz and a hoard of other classic and timeless movies I can think of.

Look what happened to Star Wars when Lucas started messing with them?

Are people completely incapable of creating their own classics these days?

I have seen The Rocky Horror Show in a theatre with numerous different casts over the years and they've all been great but nothing and no one will ever compare to that movie, that ensemble.
Some things should be classified by the National Trust and never touched.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:24 AM

1,559 posts, read 689,352 times
Couldn't agree with you more Moonshadow....

Its such a classic....don't ruin it!

(my son just watch it this summer for the first time...hes been singing Time Warp ever since..LOL)
Goodness.....how could you replace Tim Curry...he was so fantastic.
MTV...does whatever it has to to keep the ratings....boo-hiss to the remake!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:15 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,068,796 times
Geez I'm totally in the mood to watch this movie now.. I wish I had it.

Quote:
how could you replace Tim Curry...he was so fantastic.
I agree. NO ONE could ever take Tim's place.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie713 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more Moonshadow....

Its such a classic....don't ruin it!

(my son just watch it this summer for the first time...hes been singing Time Warp ever since..LOL)
Goodness.....how could you replace Tim Curry...he was so fantastic.
MTV...does whatever it has to to keep the ratings....boo-hiss to the remake!
Yes! Tim Curry was brilliant in that film!
And Susan Sarandon as Janet!!!!!! Magic!
And nobody will replace Little Nell. Nobody!

Love that your son is enjoying it too! I'm busting for my nieces and nephews to get to an appropriate age that I can share it with them.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:41 PM

485 posts, read 1,314,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Yes! Tim Curry was brilliant in that film!
And Susan Sarandon as Janet!!!!!! Magic!
And nobody will replace Little Nell. Nobody!

Love that your son is enjoying it too! I'm busting for my nieces and nephews to get to an
Quote:
appropriate age
that I can share it with them.

Now that is a good one-LOL!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:45 PM

1,559 posts, read 689,352 times
Well, I now google this remake, and it is starring a British actor Russell Brand (he came out in the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall). I never saw it so I don't know about him, but I did goggle him too, and he looks like he could play the part. Hes got a sort of look about himself.
However, I still think there is just no way to replace Tim Curry. Now-a-days when I watch it, I laugh so hard watching him do Sweet Transvestite. I laugh at him throughout most of the movie. I always wondered what he thinks of himself when he watches himself on it. LOL..... It is truly a classic...I am so sad to hear that greedy hands are going to attempt to remake it.
Just curious what do you think is an appropiate age? I am not even sure what age I was when I first saw. I think I was 16/17. I do know that at 17, I was watching it a few times a month at the midnight movies. Oh..how I love it! I never did the acting thing on the stage in front on the movie, I did however make sure I went in with all necessary supplies, (water guns, rice, newspapers, lighters,toilet paper, toast, etc...) LOL...the memories. The last time I saw it in the movies, was about 14 yrs ago, when I moved to Charlotte. There was this place on Independence, which showed it, and you could have dinner (munchies & beer) and watch it. It was great! Since than I have only seen it on tv, or on dvd.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,176,766 times
Nothing can beat watching the Rocky Horror Picture Show and being a participant. There's no way a remake could give it justice. Let there be lips!

Have we really reached the point where creativity is gone? Are we doomed with sequels and never-ending remakes?! OH THE HUMANITTTYYYYYY!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:22 PM

23,607 posts, read 70,467,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Nothing can beat watching the Rocky Horror Picture Show and being a participant. There's no way a remake could give it justice. Let there be lips!

Have we really reached the point where creativity is gone? Are we doomed with sequels and never-ending remakes?! OH THE HUMANITTTYYYYYY!!!
Actually, there is something that can beat that. Being the manager of the house that shows it and getting to enjoy the antics from a variety of cast members and virgins.

I remember (doing the time warp) when the movie first came out, and the target theatres were ones in northeast college towns. I was instructed to go to the local bakery and buy a couple dozen loaves of toasted bread to hand out. You should have seen the look on the faces of the folks at the bakery. We also bought the rice, some squirtguns, and had newspaper (not the Plain Dealer, though). I'm fairly sure there were a couple of paid schills in the first audiences, but once it caught on, the local color began coming out.

Later, at a revival in Birmingham AL, I nearly busted a gut when then program of midnight shows at the multiplex I managed included Rocky Horror and a film aimed at rednecks (Eat My Grits? One of the action films? I don't remember). What I do remember was the shocked and disgusted glares from the good ol' boys in camo, when they walked into a lobby full of transvestites. They did seem to go for the Columbia look-a-likes though, although they weren't quite sure enough of the gender to make any real passes.

One key aspect of the success of the show was the repeat main cast members. The leads were informed that they were in charge of security, and if there was any damage to the screen or auditorium, that would be the last performance. Screens cost hundreds or thousands to replace. I've seen a couple of Frankenfurters in high heels and fishnet tights hustle troublemakers out of the auditorium, and stopped the show for them when they needed to impress on the audience that there were limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies