Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,354 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find out the name of a movie I saw back when I was a young girl. It was not really a western, but similar. The movie is in black and white, and is generally about a family. The beginning of the movie starts out as this newly wed couple that moves to a town and starts trying to build them a house and then the town shows up to help them. They soon have children, I think they have about 5. Anyway one of the children a boy, gets scarlet fever and the family has to leave except for the mother and the sick child. When the family comes back, the father gets scarlet fever and the children have to leave. The father dies. Then the mother gets sick and dies leaving all the children alone. The welfare dept. decides to split up the kids. The oldest boy talks them into letting them spend the last night (Christmas Eve) together. He then sets out and finds the homes he wants for all of the kids where he thinks they will be most loved. He gets them all homes but the youngest. The end of the movies shows him taking all of the kids to the people he knows and that are going to keep the children on Christmas Day, and then him going off into the snow with one child left in a wagon. Its a real tear jerker. Please help me find the name of this movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,522,333 times
I don't think I can help you. From the description at the beginning I wondered if you were thinking of "Little House on the Prairie' but then it turned out to be completely different.

Good luck.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:09 PM

6 posts, read 6,114 times
I was watching a movie, as I was night shift I had to go to work and only saw the first part. This was a long time ago. The story begins with a surgeon making a surgery on Hitler. It was near the end of the war as the operation was held in a sort of bunker, and you could hear shells exploding nearby. I remeber also that this surgeon when he came out of the bunker was dressed in a german officer uniform, he realised the the end was very near as the allies were already couple of blocks away so he found a dead man wearing ordinary cloths and to desguise himself he wore these cloths and disposed his uniform and documents. next I remember was that he managed to go to Australia, and started working in a sort of quarrey. He never said who he was, but as there were several incidents at this work place he stood out in helping and bandaging the injured ones. I also remember that he had a working collegue who had a sick son, and the doctors could not find what was wron with him. After he saw his friend's son he told him to take the boy to the hospital and check someting particular that I forgot what it was.. That all I saw. Have you got any idea which film I am talking about??

Old 07-15-2011, 10:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,354 times
Do you remember any of the actors, or what year this might have been made in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies