Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 07:14 AM

26,823 posts, read 26,966,036 times

Advertisements

$13.65 for adults now. (Haven't been inside a theater since the pandemic started, though. We miss it!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 09:24 AM

51,062 posts, read 24,544,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Excessive burping eh? That's a movie experience I've yet to have!
About 5 years ago I went to a movie in Colorado Springs. Nice theater, but with assigned seating, and this particular showing was quite full. I got stuck next to a man who had body odor and was farting, and his family was continually chatting and checking their cell phones. It was the last time I 'regularly' went to a movie.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:05 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,830,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I've never understood the need to buy snacks for movies. Sure it's nice, but certainly not necessary. Can people really not sit for 2-1/2 hours without eating or drinking?
I agree and only today spoke about this to one of my sons who was going with his son to see the Matrix movie... He said he wouldnt pay the prices in some cinemans.. some are £12 £14 but the one he was going to was half that for luxury divans.. so all different... Food we also discussed especially noisy food or noisy wrappers.. then theres the hot food that stinks out the place... I dont understand this at all its not a cafe its a cinema and others want to enjoy and hear whats going on in the film..Last film I went to see was Lincoln... and Ill never go back again to the cinema... it was such a bad experience...one man with his large familty of four or five children and his wife were asked by dad only five mins into the movie..what they wanted from the shop...now whey could they not have did this on their way in.....so they all shouted out their order then changed it while dad stood right in front of us waiting for them to make up their minds....then he shuffled out in front of others in the row.. only to come back ten mins later with two big cardboard trays with coke in one and a big tray of food. Eveyone in his row had to stand up to allow him past in case he spilled the lot on someones head in front... no one said a word. but I did see some scowls then he stood again giving out each item naming each kid and passing over a drink and food quite oblivious that all the people behind were trying to watch the movie.... Not only that but each individual child needed to go to the toilet at different time..It was a total nightmare and has put me off movies for life.

Old 12-29-2021, 01:11 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,582,405 times
Ten if you go before 6pm.

Old 12-30-2021, 06:25 PM

2,509 posts, read 3,260,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I agree and only today spoke about this to one of my sons who was going with his son to see the Matrix movie... He said he wouldnt pay the prices in some cinemans.. some are £12 £14 but the one he was going to was half that for luxury divans.. so all different... Food we also discussed especially noisy food or noisy wrappers.. then theres the hot food that stinks out the place... I dont understand this at all its not a cafe its a cinema and others want to enjoy and hear whats going on in the film..Last film I went to see was Lincoln... and Ill never go back again to the cinema... it was such a bad experience...one man with his large familty of four or five children and his wife were asked by dad only five mins into the movie..what they wanted from the shop...now whey could they not have did this on their way in.....so they all shouted out their order then changed it while dad stood right in front of us waiting for them to make up their minds....then he shuffled out in front of others in the row.. only to come back ten mins later with two big cardboard trays with coke in one and a big tray of food. Eveyone in his row had to stand up to allow him past in case he spilled the lot on someones head in front... no one said a word. but I did see some scowls then he stood again giving out each item naming each kid and passing over a drink and food quite oblivious that all the people behind were trying to watch the movie.... Not only that but each individual child needed to go to the toilet at different time..It was a total nightmare and has put me off movies for life.
We have one of those movie cafes in Sacramento. If you enjoy good movies it WOULD be a complete nightmare.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:29 PM

19,747 posts, read 10,182,248 times
Last time I went about 3 years ago, it was $8 for a matinee.

Old 01-05-2022, 01:01 PM

11,662 posts, read 12,759,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
You guys are too polite. Where I live, they would have cursed him out, lol.

Old 01-05-2022, 01:03 PM

11,662 posts, read 12,759,012 times
It was $8.50 for a matinee. It's the first time that I have gone in about 3 years or so. This is a "discount" theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies