Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 10:22 AM

22,413 posts, read 29,551,963 times

Advertisements

I finally saw the original one so we can see the new one together. I liked the original better. Second one was too predictable and just followed same storyline as first one. Didn't really see the point of the sequel??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 09:11 PM

349 posts, read 246,237 times
We just watched tonight. I went into it hearing mixed reviews and really expecting to be disappointed. Well, it was MUCH better than I thought it’d be. My hubby and I were laughing the entire time. Nice homages to the original; unexpected hilarious cameos; who knew Wesley Snipes could do comedy? And while somewhat predictable, had some unexpected developments too. Overall, don’t think it will be a classic like the original, but a decent, entertaining sequel.

Old 03-17-2021, 10:25 AM

51,057 posts, read 24,544,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luo2013 View Post
We just watched tonight. I went into it hearing mixed reviews and really expecting to be disappointed. Well, it was MUCH better than I thought it’d be. My hubby and I were laughing the entire time. Nice homages to the original; unexpected hilarious cameos; who knew Wesley Snipes could do comedy? And while somewhat predictable, had some unexpected developments too. Overall, don’t think it will be a classic like the original, but a decent, entertaining sequel.
I'm halfway through it, and I'd agree with your assessment thus far.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:30 PM

8,713 posts, read 11,120,429 times
Eddie should be banned from making sequels

Old 03-17-2021, 06:56 PM

1,063 posts, read 707,622 times
Coming 2 America certainly lacked the heart and depth of characters we saw in the first movie, but I still found myself smiling ear to ear during most of this sequel. It wasn't amazing, but it was still fun and I had a great time watching this flick.

Old 03-18-2021, 01:07 PM

11,201 posts, read 9,121,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Eddie should be banned from making sequels
Eddie has 10 kids. He is trying to make sure they are kept wealthy even if it means popping out these lackluster movies.

Now he is talking about doing a standup. He is probably looking at Netflix to give him a 100 Million dollar deal or something like Chappelle.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:39 PM

51,057 posts, read 24,544,958 times
I just finished it. I enjoyed it. However, I think the real winner here is Jermaine Fowler. I don't like his standup, but with a script he has a winning personality. Could develop into a very good comedic actor.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:34 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,672,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Eddie lost his touch. This movie was not really needed. Also, the plot was somewhat dumb. Why are we worried about the successor of the Prince when he is just about to be put into power?

The last decent Eddie movie was Life with Martin Lawrence. Also, Eddie could have gotten in shape for the role. Now, he wants to get back into stand-up.
Seems to me, Eddie Murphy was most popular when he was very controversial and seen as a lewd comedian, i remember this time period when I was in middle school, he was very popular among kids of that age!

I had to laugh, some years later, when Eddie Murphy starred in that movie about a daddy day care and it was VERY G rated movie!!

Not sure eddie can go back to being lewd at this point, he has sold out long ago, he is too 'white bread' today...Ice Cube went thru the same thing, he used to seen as a violent gangster rapper who was very racist against white people...now, he is in comedy movies for kids.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:10 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,064,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I just finished it. I enjoyed it. However, I think the real winner here is Jermaine Fowler. I don't like his standup, but with a script he has a winning personality. Could develop into a very good comedic actor.
I agree. He has great screen presence without being too “over the top”. His comedic talents seem effortless. I still can’t stand Leslie Jones though. She always seems like she is “trying too hard”.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:56 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,121,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Seems to me, Eddie Murphy was most popular when he was very controversial and seen as a lewd comedian, i remember this time period when I was in middle school, he was very popular among kids of that age!

I had to laugh, some years later, when Eddie Murphy starred in that movie about a daddy day care and it was VERY G rated movie!!

Not sure eddie can go back to being lewd at this point, he has sold out long ago, he is too 'white bread' today...Ice Cube went thru the same thing, he used to seen as a violent gangster rapper who was very racist against white people...now, he is in comedy movies for kids.
HBO Max has Beverly Hill Cops. That was classic Eddie. After Eddie made the Nutty Professor 2, he pretty much fell off. Or was it when the whole controversy with the Trans Hooker occur?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies