Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 11:13 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,002,482 times

Advertisements

It's not a movie, but if you want to see a show that epitomizes corruption then look no further than Narcos: Mexico, on Netflix. It demonstrates the endemic governmental corruption that exists in Mexico.

But it is about a drug cartel, so there are murders....

--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 12:42 PM

889 posts, read 629,156 times
I also recommend "On the Waterfront." This Oscar-winning film focuses on union corruption and violence amongst longshoremen, while detailing widespread corruption, extortion, and racketeering on the waterfronts in New Jersey.

The film received 1954's Academy Awards for Best Film, Best Director (Elia Kazan), Best Actor (Marlon Brando), and Best Supporting Actress (Eva Marie Saint).

This is a realistic film, which is also a true cinematic classic.

Highly recommended.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:16 PM

2,866 posts, read 2,183,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundRosenblum View Post
Are you looking for non-fiction, fiction, or fiction based on past events?
All of them, as long as they're realistic.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:56 PM

20,765 posts, read 8,609,188 times
People have died, been arrested and imprisoned because of information in the new documentary Shadowgate. Watch ASAP before youtube takes it down. Bombshell info by whistleblowers who helped create these intelligence surveillance programs. You will be redpilled as the rabbit hole runs very deep. Both political parties are involved. Who is really in charge of our government and what are their plans? Not conspiracy theory but conspiracy FACT. Frightening and sickening.

Send links to all your friends, family, coworkers, etc. People need to know how they have been and will be manipulated. Don't put your head in the sand. A real life Minority Report and Robocop. Wake up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HFxVvrXjCg

Old 08-16-2020, 05:47 PM

20,765 posts, read 8,609,188 times
Youtube must have been told by the CIA to take down Shadowgate, the video about the abuses of intelligence surveillance. Was taken down for 'hate speech.' I knew that would happen so glad I watched it. I like to know what patriots are up against.

Old 08-18-2020, 08:55 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,002,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
People have died, been arrested and imprisoned because of information in the new documentary Shadowgate. Watch ASAP before youtube takes it down. Bombshell info by whistleblowers who helped create these intelligence surveillance programs. You will be redpilled as the rabbit hole runs very deep. Both political parties are involved. Who is really in charge of our government and what are their plans? Not conspiracy theory but conspiracy FACT. Frightening and sickening.

Send links to all your friends, family, coworkers, etc. People need to know how they have been and will be manipulated. Don't put your head in the sand. A real life Minority Report and Robocop. Wake up!
Yeah, nope. The filmmaker works for Infowars. That's all you have to tell me. The same outfit that denied the Sandy Hook shooting happened. I read some reviews of "Shadowgate," and it's another conspiracy theorist's wet dream.

Somebody else in this forum suggested I watch Out of Shadows and I fell for it. Complete and utter nonsense, A complete retread of the tired old Qanon/Pizzagate conspiracy theories. Which are themselves just tired old retreads of the old "Trilateral commission/Bilderburg Group/Council on Foreign Relations" conservative conspiracy theories of the 1950s.

So, no, I won't be watching Shadowgate. Because I know it's complete and utter nonsense. I refuse to waste my time on more conspiracy theory baloney.

If you want to waste your time, you can find it on Bitchute. But I wouldn't advise it.

--

Old 08-19-2020, 10:40 PM

6,160 posts, read 4,540,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
It's not a movie, but if you want to see a show that epitomizes corruption then look no further than Narcos: Mexico, on Netflix. It demonstrates the endemic governmental corruption that exists in Mexico.

But it is about a drug cartel, so there are murders....

--

Cartel Land is a documentary and corruption - wow.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:47 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
State of Play (Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck)
The Ides of March (Ryan Gosling)
All The King's Men (the original) (Broderick Crawford)

Favorite is Cop Land.

Old 08-23-2020, 03:28 PM

81 posts, read 49,094 times
I will reiterate those who mentioned “Silkwood” and “The Lives of Others”, both amazing films I think I need to rewatch.
I’d add :
Changeling
The Professional

Old 08-23-2020, 06:36 PM

2,866 posts, read 2,183,306 times
I've seen The Lives of Others and while I think it's a great film it's basically about a good bureaucrat who bent the rules to help someone. It's kind of the opposite of what I'm looking for. The list I'm building is for when I want to get an injection of cynicism about how the world really works if you know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies