Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 12:52 PM

384 posts, read 230,171 times

Advertisements

What I noticed after watching the movie is how it has over 90% positive on RT but only 50% of the viewers gave it a positive.

Then I read the comments and saw how ridiculous some of them were.

typical negative comment:
"I took my 78 year old parents to see it... on Christmas no less... and those characters dropped the F-bomb like 3000 times."

Well, this was the disclaimer on the rating they should have noticed ahead of time...
Rating: R (for pervasive strong language, violence, some sexual content and brief drug use)

I'm not sure how anybody thought they were going to see "Finding Nemo" with that disclaimer. Gimme a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 02:23 PM

6,376 posts, read 2,926,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeMed View Post
What I noticed after watching the movie is how it has over 90% positive on RT but only 50% of the viewers gave it a positive.

Then I read the comments and saw how ridiculous some of them were.

typical negative comment:
"I took my 78 year old parents to see it... on Christmas no less... and those characters dropped the F-bomb like 3000 times."

Well, this was the disclaimer on the rating they should have noticed ahead of time...
Rating: R (for pervasive strong language, violence, some sexual content and brief drug use)

I'm not sure how anybody thought they were going to see "Finding Nemo" with that disclaimer. Gimme a break.
I think people expected a typical moronic Adam Sandler film - but got a good one instead.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I think people expected a typical moronic Adam Sandler film - but got a good one instead.
I don't know how a strong "R" rating would make anybody expect Happy Gilmore or Blended.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Joe and Jane Q. Public

Old 01-15-2020, 09:32 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,668,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I was looking forward to this but I really didn't like it. It was too chaotic and it felt like an incomplete story.

Sandler was great. Story was not good.
Agree that the story was too chaotic and really didn't like the performance by Sandler...thought the girlfriend was well acted...

Old 01-19-2020, 08:22 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,021,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
Just curious: in what way did the story feel incomplete to you? The ending took me by surprise initially, but after thinking about it a bit I I really felt no other ending was possible, given the personality of Sandler's character.
Too many unanswered questions. It was like the viewer was dropped into the middle of the chaos and left to figure it out, if possible, on their own.

No one I know who's seen it had favorable things to say about it with the exception of Sandler's performance.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:16 AM

964 posts, read 577,388 times
Sandler is a great serious actor, given the right material.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:39 PM

12,792 posts, read 15,034,943 times
I missed this one in the theatres! I wanted to see it, but my theaters only showed it at 1 or 2 times a day & I couldn't see it.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:48 AM

18,543 posts, read 18,801,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
If you are an Adam Sandler fan...Go. I found the whole thing disturbing. I felt tense and out of sorts by the end. The movie just seemed all over the place.
me too didnt like it one bit got me all stressed.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:49 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,554,473 times
I just watched tonight on Netflix. Interesting and kind of entertaining but disturbing.

Spoiler
I wonder if the girlfriend had planned to end up with the money or was it just luck?

Old 05-27-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I just watched tonight on Netflix. Interesting and kind of entertaining but disturbing.
It's for Tarantino fans who also like basketball.

I like both, so it was up my alley.

The brother-in-law's Russian gangsta bodyguards reminded me of Rudy Giuliani's now indicted Russian mobster associates (Parnas and Fruman) in a tangent kind of way.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies