Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:18 PM

22,961 posts, read 28,400,605 times

Advertisements

It's just rumor at this point, but to be clear: Even the rumor is NOT claiming that she is the new Bond. In the next movie, Bond is retired, and she has taken the 007 code. Bond is still in the movie.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mber-over.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 07:20 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,919,728 times
James Bond is over, went 60 years and 25 movies. Amazing run really.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:45 PM

9,545 posts, read 16,588,219 times
I have watched James Bond since Sean Connery. I always look forward to a new release. In my view Connery has always been the best Bond. I did however enjoy the other Bonds also. Simply put Bond is a man not a woman. The character has been played for decades as such. Leave it alone. I know if the character is completely changed, then I'm finished paying to see the film.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 PM

23,562 posts, read 44,263,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I have watched James Bond since Sean Connery. I always look forward to a new release. In my view Connery has always been the best Bond. I did however enjoy the other Bonds also. Simply put Bond is a man not a woman. The character has been played for decades as such. Leave it alone. I know if the character is completely changed, then I'm finished paying to see the film.
Could not agree more.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:32 PM

29,536 posts, read 22,818,588 times
Sooo sick of this self congratulatory, P.C. nonsense engaged in by the movie industry (the entertainment industry seems particularly bad about this).

When will they stop with this 'feel good' tokenism nonsense.

Keep the source character true to its gender and, gasp, race, pretty please. I'm not white and I think James Bond should stay white. And I'd feel the same regardless of race for any other movie roles. James Bond shouldn't be asian, or latino, or whatever. Nothing 'racist' about that line of thought at all. Likewise, i don't want to see a white actor play Black Panther either.

If the entertainment industry keeps insisting on mucking up these things, then at least make it a spin off or a completely different movie with the same concept. You know, like that movie "Action Jackson" from many moons ago.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:40 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,926,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
This could be a great thing or finally kill the franchise.

I don't know of this actress, hopefully she can have fun with the role.
TBH, the franchise has gotten pretty stale, which may be why they are willing to take big risks. Although, I have no clue how they came up with this actress, if this is true.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:42 PM

Didn't they just announce last year that the next Bond would be Irdis Elba??? Maybe they don't really know who it will be and they are just putting names out there.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I'm still rooting for Michael Fassbender, but at age 42 he might be a little too long in the tooth by the time the opportunity presents itself. Right now, however, I think he'd be perfect. Yowza
Fassbender would probably be a great Bond. I agree, he is at the right age now to start a stretch of Bond series now. Although I don't know how Fassbender is in combat fighting action. As Magneto with super powers he is great, but not sure how well he pulls off hand-to-hand combat action.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:55 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,094,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sooo sick of this self congratulatory, P.C. nonsense engaged in by the movie industry (the entertainment industry seems particularly bad about this).

When will they stop with this 'feel good' tokenism nonsense.

Keep the source character true to its gender and, gasp, race, pretty please. I'm not white and I think James Bond should stay white. And I'd feel the same regardless of race for any other movie roles. James Bond shouldn't be asian, or latino, or whatever. Nothing 'racist' about that line of thought at all. Likewise, i don't want to see a white actor play Black Panther either.

If the entertainment industry keeps insisting on mucking up these things, then at least make it a spin off or a completely different movie with the same concept. You know, like that movie "Action Jackson" from many moons ago.

Yes agree with this. Thank goodness Shaft was black . I couldn’t see a white guy in that role for anything.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:57 PM

34,313 posts, read 18,694,155 times
I've always thought Clive Owen would be the perfect Bond, years ago. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies