Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2018, 08:32 PM

545 posts, read 413,241 times

Advertisements

It's going to be a massive hit, and I will be right there making my contribution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 11:21 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,992,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That doesn't mean there aren't Africans with imagination.
But I already see African imagination in the trailers with the the African masks, the attire, some of the weapons(e.g. spears), and some of the architecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

Old 02-08-2018, 06:56 AM

28,711 posts, read 18,883,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
But I already see African imagination in the trailers with the the African masks, the attire, some of the weapons(e.g. spears), and some of the architecture.
Saw "African masks, the attire, some of the weapons(e.g. spears), and some of the architecture" in Tarzan movies, too.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:59 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,112,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pre hype is off the charts, great reviews, huge box office predicted.

Definitely want to see it now.

Proof that movie reviews can make a huge difference, and why some studios refuse to screen movies before official release.

And had they not been the cast would have been screaming "RACISM!!!!"

It's all propaganda.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:17 AM

1,300 posts, read 965,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
And had they not been the cast would have been screaming "RACISM!!!!"

It's all propaganda.
lol
"Propaganda" for what exactly?
I'll take a guess.........white genocide? You alt-righters are starting to get too predictable. I thought most of you guys stuck to the Politics & Controversies troll board.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:05 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,548,754 times
Quote:
I'd be very interested in how Africans view the movie. I'm wary that it may be an American's (white or black) view of what an advanced African empire should be rather than an African's view of what an advanced African empire should be.
What? Have you seen Wakanda? Who would be upset? It's a great blend of traditional African culture with futuristic advanced technology. What's not to like?

Old 02-08-2018, 03:49 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,883,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
What? Have you seen Wakanda? Who would be upset? It's a great blend of traditional African culture with futuristic advanced technology. What's not to like?
I'd like to hear that from people for whom "traditional African culture" is truly their own culture and how they'd envision it being advanced. 'Way back in the day when Black Panther first came out, I loved it and was glad to see it, but it was also clear that it portrayed the vision (albeit benevolent) that two New York City white guys had of Africa.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Saw "African masks, the attire, some of the weapons(e.g. spears), and some of the architecture" in Tarzan movies, too.
lol So are you saying that the depiction of African elements in TBP is the same thing that we saw in Tarzan movies? lol

Old 02-08-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I'd like to hear that from people for whom "traditional African culture" is truly their own culture and how they'd envision it being advanced. 'Way back in the day when Black Panther first came out, I loved it and was glad to see it, but it was also clear that it portrayed the vision (albeit benevolent) that two New York City white guys had of Africa.
So then I guess the links that I provided in post #79 didn't provide you with any answers?

Old 02-08-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
lol
"Propaganda" for what exactly?
I'll take a guess.........white genocide? You alt-righters are starting to get too predictable. I thought most of you guys stuck to the Politics & Controversies troll board.
Nice post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies