Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 07:21 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,054,426 times

Advertisements

Now the next question is,......what and who will be in the mid/after credits scene?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 10:29 AM

50,903 posts, read 24,404,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Snipes got a reputation for being a pain to work with. Too much ego. It's why you don't see much of him anymore. No one wants to work with him.
In my view, Snipes -- whom I really liked -- went down the wrong road cinematically. And it's the same mistake some actors make today. It's okay to do the big budget super hero or action hero thing, but just not all the time. It pigeonholes you as an actor, and then you get a little too old for that genre and you're out. Now you don't see him much because I think the 3 years in prison destroyed his image AND he's approaching 60...and looks it. The failed t.v. show after prison didn't help any.

This is what I hope for Boseman -- great to see him in what is looking like a huge hit...but do serious roles here and there, as well.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:14 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,231,627 times
Based on the hype, I suspect that a flop is approaching. Could this be Marvel's "Green Lantern"?

In any escapist fantasy, there have to be conditions and characters that one wishes to experience, vicariously. Are they present in B.P.?

Old 02-02-2018, 11:30 AM

715 posts, read 1,074,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
Now the next question is,......what and who will be in the mid/after credits scene?!
With it being so close to the first Infinity War release, and reports that the BP will lead right into it, I’m expecting a bridge. I don’t want to spoil much (it’s just speculation, really), but possibly Thanos finally knowing exactly where all of the stones are and he’s now out to collect them. Which is what the first Infinity War is about basically.

I didn’t see a plan for a second BP movie, so I don’t think it will be anything specific to the BP universe. Wouldn’t mind being wrong, however.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:20 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,523,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Based on the hype, I suspect that a flop is approaching. Could this be Marvel's "Green Lantern"?

In any escapist fantasy, there have to be conditions and characters that one wishes to experience, vicariously. Are they present in B.P.?
What about all the cool technology? Of course, there is always the old good guys vs the bad guys. With Serkis and Freeman, the movie should connect with the wider Marvel fanbase.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:22 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,627,286 times
Quote:
You can't be serious. This movie won't do under 750 million. Ragnarok just cleared 850 million.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:14 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,054,426 times
Quote:

In all of the thousands of posts about this movie within the past year, this is the first "this movie is going to flop" post I have seen...smh

Old 02-03-2018, 08:17 AM

28,687 posts, read 18,825,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
In all of the thousands of posts about this movie within the past year, this is the first "this movie is going to flop" post I have seen...smh
I think he's referring to the Chris Rock observation: "None of you would want to be me...and I'm rich."

Old 02-03-2018, 10:12 AM

29,526 posts, read 22,704,392 times
Based on preticket sales and audience excitement, Panther is on track for a huge opening weekend.

Should make no less than $700 million or so worldwide.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:18 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,231,627 times
Quote:

I'm leery of reviews by people who have yet to see the movie.

FYI: GREEN LANTERN
cost $300 million
receipts - worldwide total to $219,851,172.

wuh woh, scooby.

And before someone jumps up and screams : "WACIST!"
I enjoyed the SHAKA ZULU miniseries.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shaka_zulu/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies